Silent Depth - a submarine game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Xaron, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco1

Marco1 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I agree, I can't wait for these two games to arrive.
    Although I prefer the Atlantic over pacific campaign.

2. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Any release date yet?

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yeah I prefer Atlantic too

4. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Contact!

[​IMG]

4er fan shot, the first one already hit its target...

[​IMG]

Some more map stuff:

[​IMG]

5. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Read this whole thread and can't believe nobody mentioned Crash Dive. It's relatively new and the dev continually updates. This looks cool too

6. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    When is this out?

I know about crash dive.. That also looks cool

7. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    @somedumbgamer: I know Crash Dive, cool game! The reason why it wasn't mentioned here is just that it wasn't out yet since the last postings here. ;)

@Bloodangel: Hard to say, I aim for the end of this year for a first version.

8. Khelven

Khelven New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Can we get an update on this please... im drooling with anticipation!

9. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yeah update please... You last said first version out end of 2014...

10. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    I'm so deeply sorry guys and apologies to all of you! I'm utterly bad in doing estimation of releases. What makes it much much harder is that I can only work on this part time due to my 9to5 day job.

But good news is, I still work on this. I can't promise anything else, but, the end is near.

[​IMG]

11. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hey everyone ! This game looks very nice ! The designs are pretty good ! How is it going on now ? Any released date ?

12. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    #52 Xaron, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Good news - well I think at least! After some major delay due to part time nature of this project I'm pretty sure that this year will be the release. I know I know, I once said it, my apologies. Now after more than 2 years of (part time) development we're really close what we can call a game and not just a tech demo.

What I've currently working on is the damage model of the sub. You can even collide with other ships (yeah I know this should be usual and not a big deal but it is!) and get damaged depending on where and how hard you were hit. Destroyers will try to pile you when you're surfaced and otherwise user depth charges to get you.

Attached is a screenshot from the status screen. Nothing special but you see that there are several sections which can be repaired (when damaged) or are lost (when flooded or wrecked)...

Cheers - Xaron

Attached Files:

13. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Some destroyer AI, finally!

On the following shots you see your submarine in the middle. The destroyer hunting you is at the bottom and then there is a freighter to the left which you can ignore for now.
    You see a circle around the submarine which is only there for debugging purposes. In the first screen it is yellow which means the destroyer has lost your position:
    [​IMG]

I switched to flank ahead so the destroyer could detect me. The circle went red which you can see in the second screen:
    [​IMG]

Then I switched to Schleichfahrt (slow ahead) which reduces the noise level. The estimated submarine position for the destroyer is now not that "clear" anymore, dependent from the distance to the sub. You can see a slight deviation showed by the red (debug) circle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When going below the thermal layer (yes this is in!) the chances of getting lost by the destroyer increase significant!
    Surfaced things are much worse for the submarine of course! ;)

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This looks absolutely awesome Xaron! I'm so on this when you release. I've love submarine simulators since I was a child. I grew up playing 688 attack sub and silent killer. I have a few that have been released on IOS and I can't wait to add this one. If you end up testflighting this let me know I'm sooo in.

Billy

15. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
  16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Enjoyed the video
    Love checking this thread to see if it's out yet :)
    Time well spent though as it's looking really nice

17. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Thanks Dailon!

A destroyer heads towards us. Way too late to dive. Even though it looks nice it's the last thing you want to see as a submariner!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos

19. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    #59 Xaron, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Wow nice Dailon! :)

I once was on a German WWII type VII boat, which was really impressive. Nothing I would like to stay there for weeks or even months! But yes, it's fascinating, indeed!

Worked a bit about weather conditions, in this example a quite foggy morning, visibility is classified as poor. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Great

We like the pacific submarine theater. The US fleet boats where much bigger than the german boats for example and the they stay longer on duty. I would find it also interesting to simulate a japanese submarine in the future. To make a game that is inspired by Silent Service is a very nice idea. I hope you like the thematic.