Hipster City Cycle coming to iPhone - Live Free and Ride!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hipster City, Sep 28, 2010.

1. #1 Hipster City, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010

[​IMG]

That's right, we've got a new title for the iPhone, Touch, and iPad called Hipster City Cycle and it is heading your way on a fixed gear bike.

A unique side-scrolling bike race, Hipster City Cycle let's you explore the streets of Philadelphia through your hipster avatar, Binky. Check out the Italian Market, iconic center city, and if you get tired of Binky's hipster mug, run 'em into the back of a Volkswagen and watch him fly.

Hipster City Cycle is part bike race, part obstacle avoidance and you'll be dodging cars, pedestrians, and other bicyclists as you race for props and Pabst. The visuals will be worth the price of admission alone as retro-style pixel art graces your device and an original 8-bit chip tune soundtrack propels you along.

Additionally, for those of you in the Philly area, come check us out at one of many Philly events like 8static, or First Fridays for your chance to have your picture taken and enter in the running to become a pixelated pedestrian in Hipster City Cycle (check the website to find out when and where). For everyone else, check out our website and the Pixelation Contest page to vote for the dudes and chicks you want to see on the virtual streets of Philadelphia.

We're looking at a December launch date, but in the meantime there's plenty to keep up on. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and keep voting on the Pixelation Contest page, we want everyone involved!

Enjoy the screenshots. More will be coming along with video, contests, and more!

- Your friends at HCC

Attached Files:

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I will only give my seal of approval on this game if:

I can Track Stand
    I can upgrade to a bigger messenger bag
    I can choose my colorway
    and
    I can change Pabst to Red Bull

I may ride a fixie but I'm also straightedge :p

3. You most certainly can - and must! - track stand. And you may ride for any bike-enhancing beverage you so choose, Pabst just had the alliterative edge there :)

We're working on your messenger bag upgrades...

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    If I can't fit a frame in it then it's too small. What am I a courier!? (I may piss off a lot of friends with that line, haha)

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I'm liking the look of this but need a video to make a final decision on whether to buy it on day 1 or 2 of release. ;)

6. Video footage will be coming along shortly. We've got Martin Scorcese and James Cameron working together on the footage as we speak. :p

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Got a video yet? :)

8. #8 Hipster City, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    Hipster City Cycle Video!

Comin' atcha!

We've got some video of Hipster City Cycle ready for you guys! One has some discussion of gameplay mechanics while the other is straight up footage with our cool chip-tune soundtrack playing.

Check them out, let us know what you think, and keep an eye out for us coming mid-to-end December. Also, you can check out the article the Philadelphia Inquirer wrote about us. We could have some big announcements about Philly-area celebrities appearing in game, so stay tuned for that, too.

Enjoy the footage, let us know what you think!

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Nice!!!!