Silent Swords - stealth action coming to the iPhone!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArtCoder, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

#1 ArtCoder, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
    Hi! My name's Mariano and I'm a developer at Oniric Games. This is my first post in this great forum and I wanted to start by introducing you to our first game for the iPhone and iPod Touch: Silent Swords.

Silent Swords is a stealth action game designed with the iPhone in mind. You get to control the Little Black Ninja, who's trying to break out from a top secret military base which holds him prisoner. In his boots you'll be able to become invisible in the shadows to get past guards unnoticed, kill enemies using gesture-based sword attacks, perform ninja jumps using the accelerometer and much more. If you, like us, enjoy playing the genre's classics like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear you'll love Silent Swords.

NEW VIDEO!!!
    [hqyoutube]ROX2BTkSFts[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can find out more at www.silentswords.com.

Let me know what you think!

2. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Looks like it is going to be epic. I love ninjas :) the images looks great...

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

i love ninjas, also if u need a beta tester dont hesitate to ask!

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I love stealth games, so yeah I'm intrested.

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    YA this looks pretty awesome :)

6. DocDJ

DocDJ Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Nice, looking great already. Any idea when this could get released ?

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Loved that ninja game on miniclip. Hopefully this game'll somewhere along those lines.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    the art style is definitely appealing

9. ArtCoder

Thank you all for your kind words! It's really rewarding to hear so many compliments :)

We started posting some of the game's story. We intend to post the comic page by page during the next days. (You all got an exclusive preview in my first post.) Enjoy :)

10. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    How much will it cost when it is approved? Can you tell us more about the story, gameplay, and maybe a video? (since it is already submitted to the Apple)

11. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    pretty awesome i love ninja games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Said Master Lee :D

13. demonslayerQ

demonslayerQ Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    haha the guards all look so scared

14. ArtCoder

Silent Swords will be $2.99

We're keeping the back story a bit of a mystery for now. You'll get a glipse of it in the comic pages we're posting on our site. We have plans of revealing more about it on future updates of the game and even involve the community in creating some of it.

The core gamplay involves hiding in the shadows and sneaking past lit parts when the guards are not looking. Each level is a sort of puzzle you have to solve, looking for the perfect way to get the key and exit. You have only one life and if you're spotted you're dead. You can also use some elements in your environment to get by unnoticed. And of course, you have ways of getting rid of the guards: killing them in the shadow using your Silent Swords (you get prompted for a set of swipes you have to reproduce with your finger on the screen for a succesful kill) and using shurikens which are limited and can be found laying around in some levels or left behind by guards you kill. It's really fun to play, if I may say so myself :eek:, and quite unlike any other games I've played on the iPhone so far in terms of gameplay and input.

Regarding the video, we're waiting to hear back from the touchArcade editors as we emailed them some exclusive content...

They should be :D

15. ArtCoder

16. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Interesting !
    Touch and tilt gameplay seems to work well, the graphics are not common and the title is awesome :)

When I look at the screens, I find them a little repetitive, so I hope there are more differencies in others parts of the game ;)

17. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    reminds me of the Splinter Cell mobile games

18. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    wow i have to say this game looks VERY nice. it looks unique as well. the graphics look awesome.although may i just say 1 thing. i don't like how you jump in the video. is it a possibility to change it somehow.i have a feeling that shaking will get a bit annoying.

19. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    Art style is definitely an eye catcher, and it looks like a, how can i say? More "violent" approach to the puzzle genre:cool:

20. MrJR

MrJR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I plan to watch this one very closely! I have been thinking for a while that the iPhone needed Splinter Cell, and this just might be the lighthearted 2d take on it. Looks like it should be immensely fun.