Universal Threes! (by Sirvo LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 5, 2014.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    This game seems to completely stop playing audio now. What should I do, I love the bgm so much :(

2. Photoniq

Photoniq Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Tactics

Here's another example. I'm pretty sure the tiles on the board can be combined to create a 384, but one wrong move and it's game over. So what's the right sequence of moves? And is there a more general theory that gives guidance on what to do in both this situation and one in the previous (quoted) post?

Attached Files:

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Then it's tricky. I don't have any strategy beyond occasionally spotting an opportunity.

In the second case you posted it's not too bad as you combine the 12s, and then combine the resulting 24 into the existing one and then into the 48 and into the 96. Hopefully if that all works out, the other two 96s will have wound up in the right place to combine and then join onto the 192 and the 384.

Generally any game where I make it to 768 is one I consider a good game. 1536 is the one I haven't yet managed to attain.

4. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Update for optimizations and ipad landscape mode!

5. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hope the mute bug is gone now :(

6. laszlo_kovacs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hopefully it improves older devices, because I've noticed no improvement on Air/5S. I kinda miss the nice presentation flourish of the letters sliding to form 'threes' upon startup.

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yeah. It loads much more quickly on my iPhone 4s and iPad 3.

The landscape mode on iPad is a welcome addition too.

It could be my imagination, but it seems to be crashing a bit more than it used to. Also this game still doesn't seem to know the meaning of multitasking. If I leave and go into any app (or even control center to turn down the brightness) then I always have to load it again from scratch.

Still addicted though - and still yet to break through 32,000.

8. kamikaze28

kamikaze28 <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundreds/

Version 1.1.1 (notice that last 1) was released to address crashing issues with iPhone 4/4S. Report back when you observe crashing with that version.

The 1536 card is out there in the world wide web, waiting to be discovered. To quote another game from aieowu:

"Persistence without patience is a golden harp missing its chord."​

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I also had crashes on the version 1.1 with an iPod 5th (same hardware as 4s), but i'm glad that the latest build made it better.

But the game is slowing down whenever our Game Center username pop-up above. :(

10. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Still have the no-sound bug :(

11. kamikaze28

kamikaze28 <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundreds/

ashervo said that the most recent Unity update would not be included in Threes v1.1. It might come later and it might fix the no-sound bug (which I also encounter in Battleheart Legacy).

12. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Ah yes. I didn't notice there'd been another update. It seems okay now.

Just done it - two days in a row!

Attached Files:

13. BenW

BenW Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    For this board, swipe Left - Right - Down - Left - Down - Left - Down to make 384 along the bottom edge. Then try to keep doubling the 3 between the 384 and 768 until you can turn it into a 384, then you can easily make a 1536 in the corner!

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    So, it's been nearly five months now. When are the devs finally going to admit tht this isn't "33.3333333333% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME!"

Or is this the longest launch sale ever?

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #915 Infinity89, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    I have a US code for Threes! Does anybody need it? PM me!

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Nope the longest "limited time" sale probably goes to anything from splashtop. Almost anything they make will always say that on top in the description. I think one of their "sales" have lasted 4 years and they update their apps all the time.

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I picked up a couple extra Starbucks freebie codes for my TA brethren who can't get to one. PM me if you'd like one. It may be this afternoon before I can get back to you.

18. laszlo_kovacs

Sep 26, 2012
    Ok, I'm finally at a point where I'm determined to 'learn' the game better. Through here and there casual play, I can reach the 768 nearly every time.

Can anyone direct me to a page in the thread where different strategies are discussed? I'm already aware of the game rules i.e. decks, card entry, and so forth.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Seems as if there's a big update coming soon.

Asher has tweeted a picture showing a card with a yellow triangle on it, as well as tweeted about testers giving the name "giants" to some so called new "bonus cards"

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I dug around through his Twitter pictures, and I think there's a much needed Dark Mode coming, too. It'll be nice to not have to invert colors when I play in the dark!