Sonic 2 coming!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Electrolite82, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Sounds like another rom and emulator package to me, cutting out 2p because they don't want to emulate a 2nd pad or allow effort into some sort of blutooth option, it seems.

And no playable Tails? most likely means they deleted the Options menu, so you can't use the level select cheat also.

lol.

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Announced only one week before release? Surprise move by SEGA.

3. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I find this funny.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    This port is awesome to hear about. It's too bad they took out the multiplayer, but, eh... well to be honest, I didn't even know it had multiplayer until I read that it was cut out, so I don't mind that omission so much :p

5. Inzanedude

Inzanedude Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Student
    Michigan
    Meh, no Multiplayer...

Definate buy, though, with or without it. :D

6. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    Sega?

So wheres the emulator sega?

7. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    It should be as good as Sega's Street of Rage port :D

8. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Better just wait for Sonic 4. Even if gameplay isn't up to par, at least it isn't bad emulation.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    What, the emulator that allowed games to be purchased in app? They scrapped it.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #11 S.I.D. CrAzY, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    Just bought the Sega Collection for the PSP so I'll be skipping this(not to mention a much better value than this will be). Sonic 4 on the other hand I'm still not sure what platform I'll be buying it for.

11. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I still think they should port Sonic Rivals. It would work perfectly for the idevice. I guess there won't be Sonic 4 game people have been talking about.

No Tails? Shame.

12. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Once again, I am NOT paying again for a game I already own. Either they give me the option of loading my own games into their emulator without having the buy the exact same data again - and it is the exact same data, because this is not a port, it's a dump of exactly the same ROM that's on the Genesis cartridge I bought almost 20 years ago - or they can **** right off.

Releasing emulators and plain ROM dumps is a bad way to go anyway. It wouldn't be much harder for them put some sort of header onto the ROMs (which would them to be expanded beyond their original limitations), and do a bit of memory hacking, which would enable them to add online multiplayer, leaderboards and even DLC levels.

A relatively basic setup like that would go a long way toward giving people who already own the game an incentive to pay for an iPhone version. Right now however, all they're doing is selling me a ROM I've already bought and the ability to play it on my phone - which would be all well and good except for the fact that the only reason I don't have that ability already is because they're deliberately withholding it from me in an attempt to force me to re-buy a ROM I already own (hence trampling over my fair use rights).

13. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Just because you buy a game for one system, that doesn't mean you get it for every system. If you want the game bad enough, you should just pay for it. This is certainly on my buy list.

14. KillBill18

KillBill18 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Where did you get this information? I'm curious because if the emulator is cancelled, then I'll buy the Sonic 2 app. If it wasn't cancelled and Sonic 2 is going to be a part of the emulator then there is no point in (possibly) paying for it twice.

15. Sonic66

Sonic66 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I have that 1 and i have it for xbox360 as well, i like the 1 for xbox better alot better games, very fun to play streets of rage with my bro =)

16. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Word of warning: does not run properly on 4.0, so devs running a device with said OS should keep away until a fix comes along.

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    You mean Sonics Collection or whatever it's called? I have it on the PS3, yeah it's way better. They're both pretty good collections though.

Better than paying 5+ dollars for just Sonic 2 on the iPhone.

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    If it's still using the same old emulator as Sonic 1, BOYCOTT this version.

SEGA should get their act together and treat this platform seriously. They can't just expect us to buy a ROM bundled in their unoptimised emulator with crappy controls for such a price.

Look at Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Street Fighter IV, Wolfenstein 3D, Broken Sword.. That's how you port big-name franchise into iPhone!!

19. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    100 percent agreed. Games should feel like the iPhone is made for them, not the other way around!