GAMEDOG - the handheld game system time forgot

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by QUIMDUNG, Nov 7, 2012.

1. QUIMDUNG

QUIMDUNG Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    GAMEDEV
    BROOKLYN
  2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm actually looking forward to this. Can we get a brief description of the current minigames in the app?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its actually out, the post was from 7th Nov, it was only bumped by that idiot with the offensive post (which i've deleted).

Just downloaded the game, havent tried it yet. Kinda glad the troll did bump the thread as i wouldnt mind giving it a go. Nice idea, eg a 'fake' old Gameboy type machine, the games look a bit ropey but as long as the gameplay is good i'll be happy

The voiceover on the youtube video is terrible but i'll give this a go after i finish work

4. QUIMDUNG

QUIMDUNG Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    GAMEDEV
    BROOKLYN
    With regards to the now-deleted troll post: my intention with this collection is a set of games that CANNOT have bugs or other gameplay defects simply because they are such basic concepts that they can be executed with ease. So, while I consider all feedback to be valuable, perhaps it wasn't genuine.

Onto the games!

Aero Dru Hit - a deceptively simple shmup with a unique weapon: press the left button to launch up to 5 shots. press the right button to "scatter" those shots and reset your shot amount to 0. with finess, you can cover the entire screen with bullets, but you'll still need to dodge enemies and pick up speed boosts. my personal favorite, and quite fun to compete on the game center leaderboard

Believer's Beliefs - an RPG distilled to its most basic elements. speedrun leaderboard.

DarbikSnake - the absolute classic phone game Snake with a new twist. zen-like.

Norbert's Orbs - a sokoban clone with 5 levels.

Speedophiles - a bare-bones platformer by GHXYK2. people seem to enjoy this one quite a bit.

The currently released version is 1.2 and has been basically the "soft launch". Version 1.3 will be live later this week with more polish and three new games:

Hockey Lords - you play as a sniper at a hockey rink. you're a passive observer to a hockey game going on. you shoot the players to determine the flow of the game.

Devil's Road - arcade resource collection game by GHXYK2, zen-like simple and all about the Game Center leaderboard.

New Free Holder - experimental game where you control two breakout paddles simultaneously, the horizontal-moving one with L/R and the vertical-moving one with U/D

thanks for the words of praise and interest. this is all leading up to QUIMDUNG's year of bug-free software in 2013

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Please please add auto rotate to it though!

6. QUIMDUNG

QUIMDUNG Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    GAMEDEV
    BROOKLYN
    #6 QUIMDUNG, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    THAT IS DONE.

also, in the upcoming version 1.5 (1.4 is currently released, but 1.5 is in review), we have some stuff for y'all graphics-oriented people (still in b&w tho)

[​IMG]