geoDefense - Perfect Levels

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mrfusion512, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mrfusion512

mrfusion512 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    #1 mrfusion512, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    *SPOILER ALERT* - DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU'VE TOTALLY GIVEN UP or you're just plain bored - These walk-through's will show you how to make it through each level without losing any lives.

(I had only recently finished all the levels and while I was stuck on the hard levels, I would go back and re-run each of the original easy and medium levels until I got them down without losing any lives)

A MAJOR help this time around was realizing that Level 3 Lasers (after upgrading twice to the double beam) can be locked into position with a double-tap :) -- (wait till they rotate into a long stretch and lock them in)

I've just finished doing 2 Hard Levels "perfectly" and will probably redo all the Easy and Medium ones first (and get screen caps and write walk-through's) before trying to perfect the hard levels (if that's even possible on all of them :) If anyone wants to add to this, just post below. I'll try to edit the post and keep the info up near the top of the post :)

(If you don't know how to do a screen cap, hold the "HOME" button while clicking on the "Power/Sleep" button on top)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

geoDefense - Hard Level 2 - Angular View (4 Phases)

1-a) Fill out Upper Triangle with 5 rockets, 1 shock
    1-b) Place 2 Lasers & Vortex - Link lasers to Vortex (Left laser can point straight down the path below)
    1-c) Upgrade everything to Lvl 2 - Shock, Lasers x2, Rockets x5
    (Do not upgrade Vortex at all - and do not start on Lvl 3 until everything is up to Lvl 2)
    1-d) Upgrade everything to Lvl 3 and repeat each round of upgrades until everything is Lvl 6 (not 7)
    Upgrade only the 2 Lasers to Lvl 7 (Max)

2-a) Place 4 Rockets to the right and outside of upper triangle
    2-b) Simultaneously upgrade them (as above) to Lvl 6

3-a) Place 4 Rockets to the right and outside of Lower triangle
    3-b) Simultaneously upgrade them (as above) to Lvl 6

4-a) Fill in lower triangle with Shock & 2 Rockets, then the 4 Rockets to the left of the lower triangle:
    4-b) Start upgrading the entire set all together towards Lvl 6 ...

If you do it all efficiently, the level will finish around Lvl 4 upgrades.

Credit to Sygg for the original layout and to Erin for her first walk-through
    Here are other variants:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=325524#post325524
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=316450&postcount=253

geoDefense - Hard Level 4 - Fall in Line

Another simple one, but this method is terribly boring. I tried so many other different variations along the way that were much more interesting :)

Start with the bottom row (squares 6,9,12), then the top row (spaced in between the ones below).
    Then start upgrading in that sequence. If you're off a little on the positioning, you'll end up losing only one life.

Credit to wiesse for this particular method.

geoDefense - Hard Level 6 - X Factor

The pic says it all, very simple when you look at it.

Start in the bottom quadrant and place one Laser, upgrade to level 2.
    Then rotate Counter-Clockwise and repeat, always adding in 1 Laser and upgrading to Lvl 2. By the time you've put in the 32nd Laser, the round is over.

Credit to derdude74 for the original idea.

geoDefense - Medium Level 1 - Speed Round

(Tower #'s are listed by order of the path)
    1) Place 6 Laser Towers, then upgrade all to lvl 3
    2) Start locking (position of) the first 3 lasers as the opportunity comes up (see locking lasers above)
    3) Upgrade all Lasers to lvl 4
    4) Place 5 shock towers - You should be able to get some in during Round 9 and have them slow down the wave
    5) Especially before Round 10 (Stars), make sure you get at least the first 2 Shock towers positioned (near the entrance) to slow down this fast wave.
    6) Upgrade the 5 shock towers to Lvl 3 as soon as possible. You should have a little bit of cash to upgrade another couple shock towers until the level ends.

Notes:
    A) Keep in mind that Lasers #5 & 6 also help as they come in so I may upgrade the Lasers in this order: 1,2,5,6,3,4
    B) Also, don't start an upgrade while they have an active target to Shock or Shoot at -- Or upgrade ahead of a wave if you can time it right.

geoDefense - Medium Level 2 - Gordy

This one's a little sloppy (I'll replay the level nice and pretty later) but start off with one batch of green towers and a Vortex (all linked, no upgrades). Then put in the second batch of green towers and Vortex, then 5 rockets (top row), upgraded to Level 6... (I'll finish when I have time to play it again :)

Attached Files:

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Nice :) although I feel like even if I follow these walkthroughs exactly I'll still lose a couple lives...or all of them :rolleyes:
    btw aren't there 32 lasers in the second pic

3. mrfusion512

mrfusion512 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I tried each one twice :) so I know it works ... and yeah, 8*3=24, but 8*4=32 :)
    apparently I can't count to 4 :p

4. X-Frame

X-Frame Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I still can't beat Hard level 1, The Eye I think it's called. I tried whole a whole damn day thinking up a strategy, learning from my mistake but no matter I always fail at the last creep.

5. mrfusion512

mrfusion512 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I've updated the post with someone else's solution :)

6. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ New Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Hey all, I'm new here... signed up to get some help on geodefense :)

Does anyone have a build for hard level 5? This one is kicking my butt everytime for some reason. Thanks!

7. Xecutor

Xecutor Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    This is definitely possible. I did this :)
    Medium levels were a little harder than hard ones... from perfection point of view.

8. mrfusion512

mrfusion512 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Here's one solution:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=111453&postcount=36

(I wanted this post to be about perfect levels, but oh well :)

9. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ New Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Sorry about that. I ended up beating it, now I'm on the last hard level. I'll give a day or so before I go looking for solutions.

Thanks for the reply though!

10. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
  11. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
  12. kyaustin

kyaustin New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Need Help with Medium Level 12

I've tried and tried for several days and many, many games....I've even broken down and looked at some screenshot of solutions, but even those don't work for me...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

13. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Perfect solution Medium 12

It's been a while since I finished this one on my first run through the game but I went back and found a solution to get a perfect win. I'm not sure this is the ideal way to do it - it felt a bit shaky at times. Can probably be tuned a bit to feel safer. At all times during this strategy I tried to do the upgrades as quickly as possible regardless of the position of the creeps.

This is how I did it. See the screenshot for reference. (this strategy is for geodefense v. 1.4)

1. With the initial cash place the three laser towers and the 2 blasters by the path leading up to the exit.

2. Upgrade the left of the blasters to lvl 7.

3. Upgrade the right of the blasters to lvl 7.

4. Place the remaining two blasters.

5. Upgrade one of these to lvl 7, then the last one to lvl 7.

6. Upgrade the lasers to lvl 3.

7. Add the two shock towers, upgrade these to lvl 5.

8. Upgrade the lasers simultaneously to lvl 6.

9. Add the missile towers and upgrade these to lvl 5.

10. Upgrade the lasers to lvl 7.

11. Win.

Attached Files:

14. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Anyone know how to beat "The Eye"?

15. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    #15 aycaramba, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Hard1, The Eye (v.1.4 strategy)

Well - lets just say up front that the eye is not just about having a strategy - it's about executing that strategy second to flawlessly.

This is how I'm doing it.

I'm attaching two screens to this strategy - one midway and one for the win.

1. I begin by placing the 4 bottom blaster towers. Make sure to place them as close together as possible to get all the upcoming blasters in.

2. Place the 5th blaster, upgrade this one when possible.

3. Add the 6th blaster, keep this lvl 1.

4. Place the blaster closest to the exit and immediately upgrade this to lvl 2.

5. Fill in the gap with three more blasters. Upgrade these as quickly as possible to lvl 2.

6. Keep upgrading down the line until all towers are lvl 2.

7. Add the missile tower.

8. Upgrade three blasters closest to the exit to lvl 3.

9. Win.

Attached Files:

16. jiminyjim

jiminyjim New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Thank you Mr Fusion512!

Angular View was REALLY annoying me. I was getting completely obsessed. Thank you for the solution. My husband (whose Ipod I have been stealing) also says thanks very much....:cool:

17. jovike

jovike Active Member

Gracias Aycaramba - I got through The Eye with your method. I am now about twelve-thousandth in the world for this level. I don't understand how there are many scores over a million for this level - there are only ten creeps!

18. phwampfler

phwampfler Member

May 7, 2009
    New Level Packs

Do you have any hints on the new levels?

19. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Working on it :)

I took a little break after nailing all the previous levels, just got the new ones a day ago. I'll be back with guides as soon as possible :)