Midnight Star: Renegade (mobile shooter from Industrial Toys)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by steakbacon, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    #1 steakbacon, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Hi Folks -

I'm the dev on Midnight Star: Renegade. Here's some info on the game and some gifs!

The game is set after the events of the first Midnight Star and we've discovered a bit about how to operate the alien artifact at Titan. You'll get to visit some other solar systems and start unraveling the technology left behind by the Oberon (a very advanced civilization that disappeared about 22,000 years ago).

There's a lot of new features in the game mechanics, most notably the ability to run (and sometimes fly!) around levels and dodge, etc... And we've added a crafting system for your character. This time around the main character is YOU. And you'll build your own weapons and gear. There are a lot of combinations of weapon, movement and grenade mechanics that you get to explore and create through the equipment system.

[​IMG]

2. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    #2 steakbacon, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Some art

Another gif from our art team...

[​IMG]

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Rain down vengeance from above, cool

4. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Loved the first one and will be sure to pick this up asap when it soft launches

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Game looks freaking awesome. I'm an old Eliminate Pro vet from back in the day. Very much looking forward to this.

6. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Agreed. This art style with that gameplay looks incredibly fun.

7. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    This looks great, I'm curious about the movement system though, but I'm excited non the less, Midnight Star was absolutely amazing so I have a lot of hope with this follow up :D

8. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Tank

One of the artists posted this in our slack channel - thought I'd share. This is an in-development Tank enemy. That cannon does mucho damage! This is our first enemy with a weakspot other than the head - guess where!

[​IMG]

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Looks like he's gonna get that tank popped!

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Premium or freemium?

11. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Supposedly u guys are ex-halo devs, so I'll be sure to jump on this due to how much I fricken love halo.

12. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    It's free to download and play. There is a lot of gear to get/explore - we will offer players more gear for purchases

13. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Thanks Cerxop! Renegade is pretty fast paced - old skool style. There's not much of hiding in corners or staring at your feet :)

14. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Accepting Beta Applications

Hi All!

We are about to start up our first Beta for Renegade and would love to get some feedback on the game from some TA players. If interested hit this link for the details.

Thanks!

15. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    So...damn...hyped about this

I have been following every bit of news I can possibly get about this game. I am more excited about this mobile game than anything else on the horizon at the moment.

I signed up for the Beta/news letter probably 30-40 minutes after your post about said Beta/newsletter. You would make a humble gamer very happy if you would extend a beta invite to him! Thank you guys for making this game.
    Also, any idea around about when you might start the beta testing? I like to prepare to have time as much as possible, thanks again~

Sid.

16. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Thanks Tychaeus! The beta should be out in about two weeks. I will do my best to impartially and fairly think good thoughts that you get in the beta...

17. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Ok great! By your response I assume the beta keys given out will be random? Darn, but thanks for the good thoughts!

18. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Soft Launch in the Philippines!

The game just soft-launched in the Philippines! Here's the details.

[​IMG]

19. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    #20 Tuzzo, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Hi guys. Downloaded your game and tried it a little bit.
    Just gone through the three tutorial missions, but definitely loving the new mechanics, they make the shooting much more frantic than in the first episode. I like it!
    The menus interface is a bit on the Spartan side, especially the big flat buttons in some panels feel out of place and a tad "old style" but in a "quite too old "sense, but I think that's something that will be polished during soft launch.
    Great work!!