Backbreaker, Backbreaker2, Jenga, Jenga HD - Now $0.99 each

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Krollx, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    #1 Krollx, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    I just did a random search in the Australian appstore and it's on sale for 1.19
    Not sure if it's an international sale or not since it's still $2.99 on appshopper

EDIT: Backbreaker 1 and 2 are on sale for 99c as well, so I think Jenga will go on sale everywhere else soon.

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Too bad it's only the iPhone version and not the iPad version :(

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

^--- this

:(

Jenga on the iPhone does not sound exciting to me, unfortunately. iPad is a different story. But it's on my wish list.

Shamek they haven't released Backbreaker 2 for the iPad. I got 1 for free, and I was VERY IMPRESSED with the quality.

And I barely even like football

4. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    Jenga HD is now 99 cents as well! :D

5. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Thanks for the heads up!

6. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    No problem! Do you mind posting your impressions after you try it out? I'm wondering how the game will transfer over to the touch screen.

7. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Game Impressions

Finally had a chance to install this on the iPad and play around with it for a bit. The best thing I can say about the game is there's no pieces to setup and I only paid a buck for it.

The physics seem a little floaty especially when trying to place a block on the top of the pile. Often times it won't register that the block is placed so you end up moving it around until if finally lets go. Other times when pulling a block out the pile will tumble over unrealistically where large portions of blocks just fall in a lump still all pieced together. In a real game those blocks would have spilled everywhere.

All in all it's a neat diversion but with all the other games I have on my backlog I'll probably never touch it again.