Asynchronous multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kryptikjoker, Jun 24, 2009.

1. kryptikjoker

kryptikjoker New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Don't know if it's been touched on, but does anybody have suggestions on good asynchronous multiplayer games? Those are multiplayer games in which both players don't need to be online at the same time. Looking for things maybe boardgame or card game based, but anything will do. The only examples I can come up with are Scrabble and Chess with Friends.

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Hmm... Topple 2? But you either hate the game, or reallly love it.

Asynchronous play works by sending challenges on how high you've managed to achieve.

Then again, I think many ngmoco games have this challenge mechanic. Star Defense and WordFu has it too I think.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Aurora Feint II: The Arena is asynchronous as well

4. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    uniwar? im not sure what asynchronous but in uniwar you do your turn and then you get to wait for the other person to make their move, even if they are offline so that when they get back online they can make their move. this means that you can play up to 20 games at a time, but it also means that a single match can take days.

again, not clearly sure what you mean by asychronous

5. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

Zombie Pub Crawl has it.

Also my game (when Apple decides to approve it) will have. See my signature.