Anyone want to review Stay?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anthropophagy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Hey Everyone,

I was just curious if someone in the community wanted to review Stay for the user review section in here. PM me if you're interested and I'll hook somebody up with a promo.

Bear in mind though, I'm a pennyless indie one man show.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Try PM'ing Big Albie, I think his reviews get the most respect :)

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I for one know that his get the most respect.

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Dare I say that he only reviews games that he finds good. So if he doesn't like it he won't review it

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I agree. That would probably get your game noticed.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nah, that's TA (arn, Hodapp, blakespot). Aside from your statement being very discouraging, it's also false ;) Big Albie has been known to review some duds.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    From the video, this definitely looks somewhat amusing, although I wonder if there is enough to it. Hard to tell with the games aiming for simple but addictive.

Anyway, I'd be willing to try it and post a review . . . but yeah, Big Albie's get the most respect if your short on codes.

8. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    He would probably review this game, it has cool graphics and looks fun.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Yea but recently he hasn't, most of the duds he just put his input not in a formal review. If you ask though he might review it though it will be a while because he already has a pile. But yea its worth a try

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Nice to see we're all recommending reviewers rather than trying to snatch a free game :) Probably won't be long before the lurkers sign up claiming to be professionals in the business.

11. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Also try devilishly good. No one really gives his credit but hes a real good reviewer

12. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    Oh wow I was looking forward to this and didn't realize it was out. I'm wondering if that was because I didn't mentally link the word "Stay" with the game?

Picking this up now!

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #13 drelbs, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Not me, I sent a PM. :cool:

At least I've written a few reviews here...

14. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Yea i forgot you, you should do it has I really doubt BA will review right away unless he really likes it.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    that's very nice of you to say...I saw all the props for albie, but I'm not sure how much people are looking at the reviews I've written reviews

16. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well I've enjoyed them especially the Roadkill cafe review left on itunes

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    No offence meant to the reviewers I didn't mention :D Pretty much all the reviews on this site are good, Albie just springs to mind due to the sheer amount of them he churns out.

18. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I read your stuff all the time DG, and I think others should be too.

I bought the game so don't worry about the promo code. I'll take a look at it later tonight.

It's partially true that I've only reviewed games that I like lately frankly because if I spend the same amount of time reviewing bad ones, then obviously the good ones can fall by the wayside. It's a balancing act, but of course if it's a highly touted game that ends up blowing (e.g. Mass Effect), then yes I review it so people know what they're in for.

19. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Would that be after you reviewed Amy and her tan issue?? :D:D

Seriously, a BA review will maybe do more for an app in the forum than a feature on TA main page. But not everyone digs deep into the forums...

And there are a few more TA reviewers who do a more than decent job. Much better than I ever could. Devs should spend a bit of time to spot the big guns here, and directly give the promocodes to them (a good competition is always welcome and usefull of course to generate interest) rather than wasting time on lurkers or people whose opinion won't have as much impact. I'm thinking of adding a list of worthy and reputable TA reviewers to my sig.

OK, back to the swimming pool...;)

20. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    that sounds great;) to what you said on your last sentence