If someone is giving you a hard time for playing video games...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TokyoDan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
  2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Told my wife, was able to persuade her to watch the video, was kinda getting excited about the prospect of this, but it didn't work. She's never gonna get into it, and she's always gonna give me a hard time about me doing it. It's that simple! Oh well...

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I watched one of these a few days ago and found it fascinating. It's refreshing to hear gaming having a positive influence rather that the negative stuff. The deathbed regrets in particular.

I don't get a hard time from anyone for gaming, I used to, but I just put people straight, gaming is as valid as a hobby as fishing, reading,dancing or whatever, and I'd ask how they would feel if someone criticised them for liking knitting etc, if they still took the piss then it's indicative of an arsehole in other areas so I'm better off without them. Everybody likes different things and I have enough manners to know that if something brings someone joy and cheers them up when feeling crappy then it's not my place to criticise it and I love my friends and family so I am happy for them, that they have something that gives them as much fun as I get from gaming.

4. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Get that person to play bioshock, or the wolf among us.
    Just spoil a bit of the story to get her invested