Monty Python's Cow Tossing - Coming soon to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ZED_London, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ZED_London

ZED_London New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    [​IMG]

Epic, historic...and totally inaccurate. Arthur and his knights, charged by God on a sacred quest to seek the Holy Grail, find a castle inhabited by you, merry and mischievous French barbarians whose master claims to "already have one".

Defend your Citadel with an adjustable catapult against those English types who feel enraged by your outrageous accent, using a variety of projectiles that belong more in the farmyard than 10 feet up in the air. Fling chickens, cows, European and African swallows, and even the kitchen sink to keep those knights out before you have to fart in their general direction.

Tell that silly king to boil his own bottom and claim his mother was a hamster, and build up your arrogance meter to unlock other animals and taunt that silly king a second time.

Featuring:

- 80 Levels of English invasion!
    - 6 different types of animal to throw
    - Your catapult gets better as you progress
    - Power-ups mid-flight! Watch out for the Holy Grail when it appears
    - Clips from the movie you can unlock
    - Game Center-enabled!!

Find us on Twitter and Facebook for updates, news and competitions!

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    #2 Nullroar, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    I take back my original praise.

The Monty Python brand is known for originality, inanity and uniqueness.

Just seeing the brand got me excited, but after realizing that it is not only an opportunistic cash-in (and there's nothing wrong with that - I bought "The Final Ripoff" and loved it) but, more importantly, an completely mainstream and predictable cash-in (one that countless developers are trying their luck at), I feel a pang of regret for the Python legacy.

Monty Python used to turn seling-out into an art form in an endearing way, but this seems to lack any of that charm.

Then again, don't count your army before they are massacred by a ferocious cuddly rabbit. Maybe it'll be a lot of fun.

3. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
  4. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
  5. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Whaaaaaaaat why was this pulled. :( it looked retardedly frustrating like the old monty python pc games I loved so much.

6. Link6746

Link6746 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Berserker (RAAAAARRRGH!)
    Saint Joseph's Hospital, Mental Ward (Long Term Gu
    #6 Link6746, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    This was around since the release of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" on DvD. There's a flash version up on the DVD's website.

And yeah, it's fun if you like those kinds of timewasters... but I haven't since I gorged myself on newgrounds and got a virus.

Edit: This was called Camalot Smashalot in the flash version.

7. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    not work on older idevices:( ipod 2G/iphone 3g