NFS to be released for iPhone in the summer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ITrocks, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Hey all, just checked out Craig's tweet, eamobile, and in response to someone asking about it's release date he's said it'll be out in the summer.

http://twitter.com/eamobile

2. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    lol good to know he wasnt vague about it....

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    That means same time 3.0 comes out. "summer"

4. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I know someone will probably say why are you in this topic if you stopped caring, but I just wanted to post this:

I stopped caring a while ago. This is EA. Real Racing and 2XL will (I predict with my EA sux ball) be better products anyway. And I know you guys have seen how the graphics of NFS have devolved. Boo. I'll say it again, EA sux. But Dead Space and Mirror's Edge don't.

5. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    1) Topic should be in Upcoming games section

2) I'm still looking forward to it. Hopefully it is better than the N-Gage version, which btw sucks donkey balls

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    2XL Supercross and Real Racing will make it the laughing stock of the Appstore.

7. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Oh this game is still coming? I thought they canceled it or something. Good to know.

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Nice find! I can't wait for it, so it better be perfect if I gotta wait like 3 more months.

9. rik555

rik555 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    thanks but it's all a bit anticlimactic for me now and I'm as excited about NFS as I am for ifart2 on the app store...aka NOT EXCITED! TOO LATE!

10. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I still don't get why people are fed up.

EA stated that they were releasing NFS, they never said WHEN... we created the rumours ourselves.

I am really looking forward to this game, the first pictures have looked amazing, and it isn't even the final build yet.

11. crapz1967

crapz1967 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Kinda Late

LOL, and originally they wanted to release it with the console versions in September :D...

12. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    No they never said they were. It was all speculation. No firm dates have been provided by EA ever since they announced it

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    You're all complaining now, but I know over 2/3 of you are gonna get it on release. Even though you say you're tired, you're still waiting ;)

14. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Well that narrows it down... :)

I'll put in a guess for July.

15. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I have played almost every NFS version ever made and some were great and some are actually pretty boring. The iPhone version looks a lot like the PSP versions that tended to be on the boring side IMO. NFSU was the best version hands down with drift, drag, street races and all of the car customizations including paint and all of the logos, etc. My next fav was Hot Pursuit. Driving the Lambo at 200MPH with the cops chasing you then hitting a 50 ft jump was just insanely fun.

Shift is the one that I am most looking forward to right now. Oh and Dirt 2. Totally off topic but most of the iPhone games tend to forget about the "fun" factor. I would rather play Ridge Racer on the iPhone with its on rails type driving - the accelerometer pretty much sucks. Cool the first time but then leaves you feeling out of control.

I hope 3.0 brings us wireless controllers. I would love to have an XBox360 type controller that could go anywhere!

16. bhagwad

bhagwad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    We didn't create the rumors. Here are the sources.

Release in December: http://www.buymeaniphone.com/2008/10/11/need-for-speed-game-coming-to-the-iphone/
    Release in Early March: http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/need-for-speed-undercover-delayed-until-march

These were from some pretty good sources - so yeah, I'm totally fed up. I bought a gift card months ago and I was actually saving up till March - now I've already bought something.

I don't know how Craiglaw can even show himself in these forums any more. From his Twitter posts, you'd think there was never a problem with NFS getting delayed at all!

17. Varkman

Varkman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Hmm the release slippage is unfortunate but the timing of summer is a little too coincidental - 3.0 is out then.

With Firemint implementing some seriously cool social functioanlity into Real Racing I wouldn't be surprised if EA were using this time to improve their own product to take advantage of the new features 3.0 offers.

You can complain about the delay but don't you think its worth it if you're going to get a superior game and more bang for your buck? It's not like there is a shortage of quality iPhone games at the moment ;)

Also there is a lot of hate towards EA, has been for some time now but at the end of the day they are a company like any other that need to make money to survive. I think they've been taking some really positive steps lately with new IP such as Mirrors Edge and Deadspace and their commitment to the iPhone is another that deserves commending :)

18. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    im not excited about this game but has anyone else realized that this game is worse with release dayes than super smash bros. brawl

19. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I thought they cancelled this auto-accellerating piece-o-crap excuse for a game? Oh well. More app store clutter I suppose...

20. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    HA! I can't believe you guys are still excited about this game. Personally, I'm mad at EA for taking so long and this game is just not something that I want. BOOOO...