can game center work with ad hoc testers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by milkmangames, Jul 22, 2011.

1. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

Doing some ad-hoc provisioned beta testing, for a game not yet released on the app store. I want to test my game center stuff with beta testers now, but will this work since the games not 'live'? so far i've only done debug builds to my own device using game center sandbox.

2. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'm confused by this question. Are you not sending your testers ad-hoc versions too? If Ad-Hoc works for you, why wouldn't it work for them?

Since it is a test... it's something that could be tested while testing. :D

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Gamecenter does work with ad-hoc builds. Your testers will need to log in to a sandbox account (they can use the same id they already have or create a new one just for beta testing) and any scores or achievements they got while playing the ad-hoc build will not be shown when accessing GC from the release version of the game.

4. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

Ah ok thank you. The part that wasn't clear to me was whether non-debug builds could create sandbox accounts! Thanks!

5. Gnome

Gnome Well-Known Member

Highly enlightening answers; that was something I've been wondering about myself. Thanks!

Oh, and I guess there should be more info available somewhere in the Game Center documentation/site.