Top 10 iPad GAME OF THE YEAR - Ant Raid - coming for iPhone!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Prank Ltd., Jan 9, 2012.

1. Prank Ltd.

Prank Ltd. Well-Known Member

#1 Prank Ltd., Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    The game is now out in New Zealand! More here.

Hi there, fellow gamers!

Ant Raid - the 8th best iPad game of the YEAR according to Metacritic - is coming for iPhone and iPod touch devices on January 26th! With just $0.99 you will get:

- 100 playable levels
    - 4 endless modes
    - 300 collectible stars
    - 24 enemy types
    - 47 Game Center Achievements
    - 5 world-wide Leaderboards

Official release trailer:

Camcord gameplay clip (played on iPhone):

Screenshots (click to enlarge):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cinematic trailer:

Oh, one more thing! Due to a huge demand, we are releasing completely FREE versions of Ant Raid for both iPad and iPhone, featuring 10 unique levels! The live date of the free versions is the same, January 26th, so make sure to mark it on your calendar! ;)

The below competition is now over, thank you to everyone who participated!

Though the game won't be released for a couple of weeks, we are giving YOU a chance to get it already TODAY -- and for FREE!

Simply reply to this topic and explain why you should be entitled to get Ant Raid for your iPhone or iPod touch in advance. Please also mention which device you will be using. Three best explanations will receive a promo code that allows the game to be downloaded immediately!

There is no due date for this competition. We'll close the competition and announce the 3 winners as soon as we have found them, so make sure to be quick and clever!

2. Echopeus

Echopeus Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Because I'm first :p and this game LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! never played it, I have a feeling my fingers gunna hurt...

Oh yeah I have a iPhone 4S

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Awesome, can't wait!

4. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I should be entitled to get the game before everyone else because of my secret abilities, which are too secret to tell you. Oh, and I'm on an iPhone 4.

5. Jota_TA

Jota_TA Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Awesome!!!!

I am really hooked on the iPad version but iPad it is not mine. My brother have it, but my brother don't live at home and I see him once a week O_O

I wish I could enjoy this game, everyday on my iPhone 4s!!!!

It is BIG reason!! :D

Greetings from Spain!!

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This game looks amazing! And the fact that it is one of the Top 10 iPad GOTY makes it even more awesome :) I would love to be able to play this game early on my iTouch before it comes out! I would get to brag to everyone (except for the other winners) about how awesome of a game I have just won.

Overall, the game looks like a ton of fun and one that I would definitely enjoy a lot!

7. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    I am entitled to get this game because the ninja I hired is standing right behind you.

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    S

I play on IPod touch 4th gen.

I just relized this game even existed, I assumed that other ant tactical game was the one on IPad. That game doesn't look like it even compares to this one. This simply put is the best game I've ever seen on ioS. I didn't realize how many titles us iPod/phone players were missing. I finally got Glowfish just by accident I think, when it came to IPod there was no news about it and it's like nobody cared because it was on IPad already. I even suggested it as a game of the week but to iPad owner it wasn't a big deal I guess... And that's why I think I should be able to play this game, because this very thing is something that needs to be addressed and vice-versa. I guess theres just some mismatch between iPod only and IPad only gamers. Games that people on the other device don't even know about.

I've heard of Aquaria but never even seen a screenshot, is Manchirium now released for iPod? How will I know? Of course I've heard of a few games but I know I'm missing games I've never heard of and when they're iPad exclusive I probly miss it all together. Which leads me back to this game I was casualy browsing this site when I noticed a few sceen shots, I said that looks amazing, only later did I come tk realize that this was in fact the amazing ant game on the IPad and not what I thought. I said to myself man I wish I could play that game but it'll probly never come to the iPhone/pod. Yet here i am one day later with a chance of being the first to do so. I guess it was fate that brought me here. Here to finally play the game I never new existed.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    On behalf of the formicidae nation I compelled you to grant Undeadcow an elusive Ant Raid promo code. It's a little known secret that Undeadcow is ants, we haves formed together in defense against mutant slugs using an iPod Touch 3G 32GB running iOS 5.0.1 that was "abandoned" by some smuck (perhaps someone you know). We've found Tactial Warrior (recommended indie iOS strategy "game") useful in staging war strategy positioning and predict outcomes. Our infants train in Fruit Ninja in the art of war. Since the end of the first mutant wave we have harnessed cyborg technology to control our exoskeleton death squads through iOS device (ok, this is intended to be a vague Ender's Game reference). It is only through the conduit of Undeadcow that our six legged swarms can tap into the secrets contained in Ant Raid necessary for our survival. We have sleeper agents hidden at strategic locations poised to poison your children with slightly annoying bites, contaminate your favorite breakfast pastries, and scare your spouse by swarming the shower (think Psycho with ants). We didn't evolve from the Cretaceous period for nothing. All hail the drone queen.

...If that fails to convence we (the ant legions poising as Undeadcow) are active participants on Touch Arcade (to better prepare ourselves for the peaceful coexistance with humans, muhahaha) and we are avid iOS games particularly those of the strategy variety.

10. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Instawin. Period.

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #11 New England Gamer, Jan 10, 2012
    Despite their clear dominance in the insect world, ants are the underdog. I mean, how many cute and cuddly ants do you see on a shelf? Yeah I thought so.

Overwhelmingly powerful? You bet:

• The legs of the ant are very strong so they can run very quickly. If a man could run as fast for his size as an ant can, he could run as fast as a racehorse.
    • Ants can lift 20 times their own body weight.
    • An ant brain has about 250 000 brain cells. A human brain has 10,000 million so a colony of 40,000 ants has collectively the same size brain as a human.

Yeah that's dominance.

So I will feel honored and proud to play a game starring these 6 legged heroes. spreading the word far and wide at every step. Especially after using my Golden Army Ant of South America.

Bring it on - I desperately want to play the power that is Ant Raid on an iPhone 4!

12. wolfpowpow

wolfpowpow Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Zombie Snails! haha

13. Prank Ltd.

Prank Ltd. Well-Known Member

#13 Prank Ltd., Jan 10, 2012
    The competition is over!

And the winners are……… EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!

That's right, there are NO LOSERS in our games -- so always bet on Prank! ;)

Congratulations to:

Echopeus
    Codycat
    Jota_TA
    Jdragoon19
    pixlepix
    Darth Ronfar
    undeadcow
    New England Gamer

Please check your private message boxes for the redeem code! Happy gaming!

14. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow. That's all I have to say.

Btw, gratz to all the winners!! :D

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the promo code!

16. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Well, downloaded this game onto my itouch, but cant get past the starting cut scene. My i touch is Jailbroken, but it hasn't had any problems with apps crashing. BTW i touch 4 running ios 5.01

17. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    #17 popblanks, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Holy Insects!! This looks amazing!! I would love to have a promo code!!
    P.S. Please, I'm only 13. Let the younger kid tell his opinion on your game. >.<
    P.S.S. Please?

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thank you! Downloading now!

19. Jota_TA

Jota_TA Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Great, THANKS SO MUCH!!! :D

Now I can enjoy it, every day on my 4s!!

20. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    FWIW My jailbroken touch 3GS 5.0.1 has had no problems so jailbreak alone doesn't seem the culprit. Try closing multitasks programs to free memory and rebooting and starting fresh.