Sorcery! 3: The Seven Serpents (coming April 23rd)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by inkle, Apr 14, 2015.

1. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

#1 inkle, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Hey guys,

Our latest part in our Sorcery! series ( http://www.inklestudios.com/sorcery ) is going to be released on April 23rd! This part has you travelling across the wilds of Kakhabad: a ruined desert, a tangled forest, cruel mountains and fissures, all guarded by seven fearsome serpents.

If you're new to Sorcery!, it's an epic fantasy adventure adapted from a popular gamebook series by Steve Jackson, who co-created Fighting Fantasy with Ian Livingstone. We've expanded them the original books, with huge amounts of extra content, thousands of choices that make the world more interactive, and new gameplay.

Note that the previous two parts aren't required to play part 3, though we'd of course recommend them! You can save your character and story between the parts, and events change throughout the series based on those choices.

This particular part has lots of new features! :)

+ Explore everywhere - you can move freely through the world, any way you want, creating your own unique story. It's much more freeform than the previous two parts.
    + New time beacons allow you to alter the world dynamically - travel through the present, or into the past, or mix the two
    + Thirty new enemies, including seven deadly serpents, each with their own strategies - and weaknesses. They're the bosses that you'll need to hunt down, but they may also be hunting you!
    + New music from "80 Days" composer Laurence Chapman
    + Two new 3D hand-drawn maps to explore by Mike Schley

Here's the trailer:

And some screenshots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Been a brilliant series so far. Had these books as a kid

Love what inkle have done with it. Instant purchase

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks for your screenshots. Look at them and think that it will be a fantasic game. :D

4. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Woohooo!

Few questions:

1) Move freely as in 80 Days? That is good, but also a little bit worrying for me since I might get "lost" in the world. 80 Days is good on this since it balances free choice (of routes) and a clear objective (of travelling round the world) and path (of travel routes). I hope there are such objectives and paths to guide players in Sorcery 3.

2) How do travelling between time works?

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I had better hurry up and finish up book 2... :eek:

6. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Total insta-buy. Anything by these guys is an insta-buy, IMO. Can't wait for 4/23!!