Max is Back

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BoxShaped, Jun 12, 2010.

1. BoxShaped

BoxShaped Member

Aug 24, 2009
    #1 BoxShaped, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    We at Box Shaped Games want to let you know about our new game Max Injury 2 which was submitted to Apple a couple of days ago. This sequel follow the premise of the original, and improved it by adding lots of weapons and gadgets, and improves graphics and sound. We have also include a Level Editor (upgradable via In-App Purchase) so players can create and play their own levels.

We have included some screen shots here and hopefully they will make you feel excited about Max Injury 2.

Cheers
    Team Max Injury 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. benbow97

benbow97 New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Yay :)

Awesome cant wait for number 2, i loved the first one and i always still play it and a level editor AWESOME

3. Nice! How many levels in this one? Max Injury was great but it got stale after you ran through the short list of levels.

4. BoxShaped

BoxShaped Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Because of in-game level editor, it was easier for level designers to create more levels. So yes we do have more level this time (42). Also if that's not enough, there's the level editor ;)

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm super-excited for this one!

6. kurosky

kurosky New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    COOOL!! what sort of weapons and gadgets?

can't wait!!!

7. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    awesome, cannot wait

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cool so essentially Max Injury but now with a number of weapons to hit him with? That is sick! :p

9. BoxShaped

BoxShaped Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Max Injury 2 will feature a bunch of weapons which the player can tap and inflict injury onto Max. The weapons will also propel Max around each in a different way. There are shotguns, flame throwers and boxing gloves. In addition, there are bombs laying around the levels which explodes when Max touch them (There are rolling bombs and static bombs).

Gadget wise, there are jetpack, zero-gravity helmet, extra swipes and extra power swipes to pickup.

The aim of the game is as before, to inflict the maximum amount of damage as you possibly can on each level with the limited number of swipes. But we added some extra for some levels: there are Glass panels positioned around some levels and you (or Max) have to break them all to complete. It's quite fun to watch Max fly through a Glass panel and break it like a movie stuntman :).

Oh we have also added tilt control: When is falling, you can pull him to the either side by tilting your device, affecting where he would fall.

We have included 42 levels with the game and 28 achievements. We plan to add more achievements in updates.

10. eye-boner

eye-boner New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    version one gave me wood but this looks way more awesome :D i cant wait to use the level editor!

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Man I can't wait to dig into this one!

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While already sold on it, are there any randomized aspects in these levels? Like maybe some items that can show up in different places on a level?

While scandalous to say, I'm sure, I far prefer this one to Stair Dismount. Is there an HD version in the works?

13. BoxShaped

BoxShaped Member

Aug 24, 2009
    LordGek, the levels start off the same, but that's an interesting idea. That's definitely something we could work on in the update. For example we can have breakable crates, which will reveal a bomb or extra swipe or some other goodies.

The feature I personally like the most is the jetpack. Be sure to check it out.

Piggy

14. kurosky

kurosky New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Waaooo! jetpack and zero-gravity helmet sounds awesome!! cannot wait!

15. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

back and looking better then ever!