Giant Wizard Head - from Mobot (nerds that made Paper Monsters)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by robotsvswizards.com, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    #1 robotsvswizards.com, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Ok so here is our upcoming game "Giant Wizard Head"

The best way to describe it is a random hodge podge of visual styles and gameplay.
    And yes, If you were looking for a game that lets you ride around in a giant robotic wizard head with laser eyes this would be it.

We think survival games work well on iOS because they provide a nice quick fix but, we wanted to attempt something unique. At times it's a shooter. At other times its "dodge" game. Sometimes it's even a classic platformer (with double jump). It's fairly random and gets harder as you go.
    Even the visual style is pretty random. Definitely a hodge lodge

Basically we just wanted to have fun making something a little different.

Features
    *Unique random play combinations provides a fresh "survival" game style
    *original "real instrument" soundtrack (not heard in early video below)
    *Game Center achievement - Increased multiplier as you earn them too!
    *NO IAP - (not that we are against it, we just aren't smart enough to make it work very well :)
    *iCade and multiple control options
    *Universal, 16:9, bla bla bla

GAME CANCELED - Here's why.

After careful consideration we have decided that there is only room for one "Giant Head Rocket Ship with a Cockpit" game. Also, the celebrity of Dikembe Mutombo clearly does this genre far more justice.

We are not bitterly throwing in the towel nor do I think we were Gamelofted (yeah Gameloft, I said it).
    I doubt Old Spice's rocket idea was lifted from us, even if it was, the games are quite different anyways.
    None the less over fierce deliberation which, usually just consists of hanging out and playing Mario Kart, we have decided to cancel the game.
    Overall it just wasn't turning out up to the standard we want to maintain.
    (even though we do admit our first game doodle monster sort of sucks)

HOWEVER! All is not lost. We feel pretty strongly that art and content aside, the quality of the platforming elements and controls for touchscreen are top notch. We are applying the setup to a much better collaboration that we hope to share more about very soon.

Be on the lookout and we will keep you posted.
    Just follow our twitter www.twitter.com/mobotstudios

Original Media posted a while back:
    Early Gameplay Video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Demo looks fantastic. Cant wait to play this!

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Needs crescent moon games art again :)

4. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    The art on this... Isn't my type that's for sure. I really loved Paper Monsters but this looks nowhere as nice as PM.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The art is.... weird. :p But I like it :)

6. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    #6 robotsvswizards.com, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Game Canceled

GAME CANCELED - Here's why.

After careful consideration we have decided that there is only room for one "Giant Head Rocket Ship with a Cockpit" game. Also, the celebrity of Dikembe Mutombo clearly does this genre far more justice.

We are not bitterly throwing in the towel nor do I think we were Gamelofted (yeah Gameloft, I said it).
    I doubt Old Spice's rocket idea was lifted from us, even if it was, the games are quite different anyways.
    None the less, over fierce deliberation which, usually just consists of hanging out and playing Mario Kart, we have decided to cancel the game.
    Overall it just wasn't turning out up to the standard we want to maintain.
    (even though we do admit our first game doodle monster sort of sucks)

HOWEVER! All is not lost. We feel pretty strongly that art and content aside, the quality of the platforming elements and controls for touchscreen are top notch. We are applying the setup to a much better collaboration that we hope to share more about very soon.

Be on the lookout and we will keep you posted.
    Just follow our twitter www.twitter.com/mobotstudios