Star Fall game preview

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craighinrichs, Aug 2, 2009.

1. craighinrichs

craighinrichs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #1 craighinrichs, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Hello Everyone, I am working on my first game for the iphone/ipod touch. I hope to submit it in the next two weeks and wanted to give a preview.

The objective of the game is to circle more than one star of the same color to get points. Levels increase in difficulty as you progress. My plan is to continue to update this game adding more elements to the game play and giving it a progressive storyline while offering a short and simple game that people can pick up and play anywhere.

When the game comes out I will be giving away some promo codes and will look for suggestions on how to make the game better.

Please let me know what you think.

Video:

Screen Shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. craighinrichs

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks, good thing I am not married to the name yet.

3. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    lol its not bad though

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Craig -

Looks like it may be fairly challenging. A couple of ideas

- You might want to have bonus multipliers if you continue to circle the same color stars, and the multiplier is broken for either not circling same color, or for a missed circle of stars.

- Also, what about some powerups - like a time slow down that the stars would move slowly so you can draw a larger groups, or maybe something that you can fire off a color change to make everything within a certain area one color that you would quickly need to draw and score points.
    Not sure if you are going to have global scoring but that is always popular to incorporate.

good luck

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    nice... looks simple and addicting

6. craighinrichs

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes! I really like those ideas! I don't know if I will be able to incorporate them for the first release but I am going to put them in the first update. You have given me an idea with how I could put powerups into the game.

I have not put in an option to submit your score but I will be. Thanks for the suggestions!!

7. craighinrichs

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks! That is what I am shooting for. This first release is really going to be about the game play but I have some updates already planned out to add to the overall game and to give these stars a little more depth by bringing out their own personal attitudes.
    This first release will be subtitled: Get together
    I am calling my next update: Anger Mangement

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Catchy names... I'm not sure about the anger management - if you blow your cool, do you get points subtracted??:D

9. craighinrichs

Jul 24, 2009
    No, I am staying away from detracting points at all. But something will happen to other stars that will prevent you from collecting points from those.

Also I think I forgot to mention this will be a $0.99 app and I plan on submitting it next week. I have some people doing beta testing right now.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well, so it should be out in about 3 weeks or so depending on how fast it gets approved. I'll be watching for it.

11. craighinrichs

Jul 24, 2009
    Star Catch has been submitted for approval. Wish me luck.