Bladeslinger by Kerosene games

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by awp69, Mar 8, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This just was released on the Play store and supposedly has some exclusive Tegra effects. Wanted this game but it wouldn't play on my 3GS so I'm all over it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kerosenegames.bsep1

2. menendez

menendez Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    My tablet cant play it either! What a shame.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sorry. That sucks. But once Tegra 4 hits, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat with my Nexus 7.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Holy crap. The graphics in this are incredible. Impressive gameplay so far too.

5. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Not compatible with Nexus 10. Sigh... Oh, well, at least I'm not short on new mobile games that will run - just still infuriates me the number of developers who completely ignore what's supposed to be one of Google's flagship Android devices. I'm amazed EA made Real Racing 3 N10 compatible, put it that way, given how many things they pulled from it.

6. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Hang in there guys, we're adding support for more devices tomorrow! We should work just fine on Nexus 10, we just had some issues publishing the multiple packages today and only got the Tegra build squared away. If you've got 512MB+ RAM, Bladeslinger should run on your device. We just have to post a few more builds tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and the kind words!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

7. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    This is great to hear, I'll be looking forward to it!

8. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Credit where it's due, that was fast. It seems to run fairly smoothly on a Nexus 10 - though it's not at the full resolution (which I'm guessing was maybe intentional?) and there are minor shadow and texture errors all over the place (signs flickering in and out of the walls they're hanging on, stuff like that). Just for the record. Still bought it.

9. Chibidibi

Chibidibi New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Anyone know how many hours the game offer (of gameplay)?

Thank you!

10. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    This game kept crashing on my GNex, so I uninstalled it. Haven't tried it on my Nexus 4 yet. Every time the game crashed, it would kick me out to a blank homescreen and my Wi-Fi would be disconnected. I have a solid Wi-Fi connection at home, so either my GNex just can't handle the game or the game itself has a bug.

11. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    How often is it crashing? I just played for about a half hour on my Note 2, and had 1 crash (when loading chapter 2) but it did not knock out my wifi. Otherwise, the game is fun (framerate is just a tad hitchy, but definitely playable). I'm a little worried about the IAP system the game has, but we'll see how it plays out. If the difficulty spikes and makes purchasing gold or those green coins mandatory unless you want to grind, I'm going to be highly annoyed. I've seen nothing so far that suggests that, though.

12. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I played it four times and it crashed four times. Each time it crashed during the tutorial fight. I had to get the refund. I thought about trying it on my Nexus 4 (I use my old GNex as media player for music and games), but unfortunately the game left a really bad first impression. Can't see myself giving this another shot, but I wanted to let the devs know what was happening with my GNex.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    There was an update last night to expand compatibility with other devices. But now I'm getting crashes on my Nexus 7 that I wasn't getting before the update! Ugghh...

Keeps crashing after the boss battle in the bar in Chapter 2. Anyone else playing on an N7 having the same issue?