Dexter the Game 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 13, 2012.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    It's official! Just a minute ago, Ecko|Code announced the follow-up to what was iPhone's first cinematic 3D, console-level game back in 2009.

Here's the first place you'll see the details since I received them a couple hours ago with a NDA until the Comic-Con announcement, being part of the press!

Developed internally at Ecko|Code in conjunction with SHOWTIME, Dexter The Game 2 puts players in the shoes of America’s favorite vigilante in an open-world Miami. Dexter navigates the city in his own signature style. Crime scenes will be investigated with the knowledge that the serial killers who have evaded Miami’s Police Department will be stalked and given their comeuppance by Dexter's Dark Passenger. Series star and executive producer Michael C. Hall has provided the voice of Dexter Morgan and has been a close collaborator in the game’s development.

“The fan’s main comment about the original game was that it was too short. With Dexter The Game 2’s procedurally created serial killers and cases, the player will never run out bad guys to stalk and crimes to solve,” said Marc Fernandez, Chief Creative Officer of Ecko|Code. ��“Exploring a richly detailed and vast Miami through Dexter’s eyes is thrilling.”

"Over the years we’ve worked closely with Ecko|Code to experiment with how fans enjoy experiencing Dexter’s world in the digital space," said Laura Palmer, Senior Vice President, Distributor Marketing, Showtime Networks. “Combining the freedom and the dark humor and suspense of the series, Dexter The Game 2 is unquestionably the most ambitious project yet.”

Screenshots and a trailer forthcoming!

2. Dizko

Dizko Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Designer
    Philadelphia
    Since the trailer had dubstep and the fact that it's an open world, I think I'll get this.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

4. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    I suddenly thought about this game the passed days. I even watched gameplay videos just to remember how it looked. This is one of the first iOS games that I enjoyed. And now look at that, just in time with my reminiscing :D

The graphics wan't much improved but looks like the gameplay is. Driving a car instead of a menu of where you go? Wow! ;)

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Is it just me or does this look open world? :D

6. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    This is offensive. Who would choose to be a serial killer? How could you possibly know what it feels like to take a life?
    Why would you want to? It's a bad idea.

7. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    But apparently they did it :p. Dexter himself may not approve of serial killer video games, except when he's in one.

8. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Clearly you're not a Dexter fan, so calm down. It's nothing like how it appears, and you don't get it, so instead of making any more blatantly misdirected claims, just ignore it.

Or, read the hilarious and well-written novels by Jeff Lindsay, or watch the (equally well-written but less funny and more dramatic) television show.

9. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    That guy was quoting Dexter from episode 6x10. Louis designs a video game where you can play as serial killers like Jack the Ripper and he wants Dexter's advice on it, then that's what Dex says. So he must be a Dexter fan :D.

10. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Great trailer. Willing to buy.

11. USO_Apps

USO_Apps Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Game Development
    Ukraine
    Thanks for trailers! Will be waiting for the game coming. :D

12. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    No need to thank me :) but it's nice of you

I see they listened to the consumers this time, props for that.
    Love the fact it's a sandbox game with endless quests but still I'll wait for a few gameplays to see how it performs once it is out before using my iTunes gift card
    Not being cheap it's just that so many great games is coming out both for iOS&Pc and cant have tham all so I wait for price drop :/

13. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    This gives me nothing...sure looks like Dexter, but I would have chosen a completey different genre.

Probably Point & Click, maybe something like Heavy Rain...mixing investigation with scenes that have a strong sense of urgency.

14. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Yeah, next story for iOS :)

15. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Looks like a good ps1 port jkjkjk

16. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    This is open world I take it?

17. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Seriously?

Edit: I'm an idiot, I just remembered that part from season 6 haha. A++ post.

18. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #20 sicksilvo, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    "The game is scheduled to be released to coincide with the start of season 7 of the show, which premieres on September 30th. Keep an eye out for Dexter the Game 2 around then."

Is it out anywhere or any new info on it?

NVM

"Additionally this fall, Showtime and Ecko|Code will release Dexter The Game 2, an open-world game set in Miami, for Android, iOS and PC. The game is a sequel to 2010′s Dexter The Game."