Supporting iOS Exclusives

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Jan 15, 2011.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    This was listed as one of the features for a game called Cat Physics.

- EXCLUSIVE: Not available on any other platform than iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)

I like that. :)

It's nice to see some developers remaining loyal to the iOS platform, and not rushing off to suffer through the piracy, fragmentation, and overall mess that's prominent in the world of that other phone.

Are there any other really good, exclusive, iOS games?

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I'll take that other phone any day, rather than deal with iTunes. AT&T or Apple.

3. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Android phone + Ipod touch4 ftw

4. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #4 tsharpfilm, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Traitors... :p

I used to hate iTunes too, but now I see it as a great way to find and organize all the media Apple has available. It's cleaner and more intuitive than anything Droid has to offer.

And once the Verizon iPhone comes out, I'm getting one. Or I might wait for iPhone 5 with Verizon. I'm excited. It'll be my first real iPhone, and I won't have to worry with carrying more than 1 device anymore.

So is Cat Physics the only iOS exclusive? I would add Infinity Blade to the list, but Epic Citadel was recently ported, and Chair hasn't completely ruled out the development of a Droid game.

5. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    I have no plans to port Silverfish (TouchArcade thread) or any of my other games for that matter! :)

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm pretty sure a good number of games in the App Store are iOS-exclusive.

7. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I bought Silverfish, and I'm loving the new mode. :)

But few openly say they're iOS exclusive, and I was just wondering if there were other developers who also had exclusivity listed as a feature.

8. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    [/I]

You can't be serious. For starters, do you mean de facto system exclusives, as in which iOS titles haven't yet been ported, or contractual system exclusives? A game merely stating the fact of itself existing so far on a single platform does not a system exclusive make.

9. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Alright... Basically, I would like to know which iOS developers don't have any plans for making Android or WP7 games.