Universal Mutant Mudds - (by Renegade Kid)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It seems I can't get the beat an air level even though I completed the game with max diamonds, or beat a real level without getting hit, and I can't get ending 4.

This is driving me nuts. Why are the devs so oblivious to user requests for help? I'm dropping my rating for the game and leaving some feedback. Maybe when their ratings start to drop, they will pay attention to their official e-mail for support.

2. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Went free! Nice, was pretty curious about this game.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Me three! (Nine?) Seems like a perfect iCade title.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I don't know what all the excitement is for, I found this to be very slow and boring. And I've really had enough of the "retro" look which to me seems like "we're too lazy and don't know how to draw" type of art. But the biggest issue is just the bland level design. Or maybe I just enjoy different kinds of platformers. Sadly - deleted, as I did want to like it.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I still don't see how a 38:50 was done on 1-1. I mean, you don't stop moving right up until the stairs, and you can only go so fast down them. More walking, then a boost up into the air, more constant moving until you switch depth, then continue and switch depth again and you're done.

The only variables are the stairs and the boost. Andy, did that weird boost thing happen to you on that run, where you kind of boost faster to the right as well as upwards? I haven't been able to replicate it since it randomly happened to me one time. It would definitely shave time off.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Are you saying I'm still top of 1-1 :p Sorry, I haven't checked the game in a while, but that's good to know! I think at the time when I was playing a lot and going for speed runs I managed to replicate the ''weird boost thing'' enough times so that I knew how to do it almost every time. I think I did it by boosting right at the edge of a platform. Hope this helps!

7. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Everyone likes different things. The slower pace (which I knew from reviews) is the #1 thing that drew me to this.

My theory is that the most welcome game to see in the App Store is one that does NOT cater to what the majority already likes. But rather, one that adds genuine variety to the iOS platform: a totally new game concept, OR a twist on an old formula that most long-time fans of that genre will find "wrong." A game that a very few people will just love, not yet-another-game that a ton of people will merely like. Sadly, the economics of selling software make that a problem!

As for retro art... it may not be as easy as it looks! But we all have styles we don't personally like. I dislike what I call the "Flash" look... Angry Birds, Bloons TD, and SO many others. I enjoy those games in spite of it, and I know it's not easy to create that art... it just doesn't appeal to my tastes.

8. ddevil

ddevil Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hi everyone. What is the requirement of getting ending 3?

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Get 20 water sprites.

10. cheesebanana

cheesebanana Member

Feb 9, 2013
    are there any platformers on ios that stand up to this?

its astounding.

the controls are so unbelivably tight and the gameplay is so smooth. i'd never have thought id play a platformer this tight on a touchscreen

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Soosiz is one of my favourites.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, there's actually quite a few. If you do a search for 'best platformers' or just 'platformer' there's been a couple threads dedicated to discussing the best ones.

13. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I'm an iOS platformer addict, and although there are a few that belong in the same breath as Mutant Mudds, I really think Mutant Mudds is the reigning king. Getting 100% on this game with the granny levels etc is one of my most satisfying iOS experiences to date.

14. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    not a bad retro game I hear

15. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Is there any way to resynch achievements? I have endings up to 3 but only 2 and 3 show in my Game Center achievements

16. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Judging by all the comments I am really tempted to buy this, but it is 5x times more expensive now and I am wondering if it is really worth the hefty price tag .

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Isn't it just $5? You'll get value for money for sure. You've got a $300 or more device, 5 dollars for this is well worth it

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Wondering the same( been waiting for a 99 cent sale so I can grab it)

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Good point

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'd say yes... Even priced around $10-$15... I'd have seen it as a great buy...