Super Stick Golf - looking for beta testers...

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jschidlowsky, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    We're nearing the release of out next game 'Super Stick Golf' which will be a sequel to our existing title 'Stick Golf'.

The game will be similar to Stick Golf, but a lot better.

For one, there are powerups/special clubs. You can unlock different powerups by completing different tasks in the game. Before you start a course, you choose which and how many powerups to take on the course. (Similar to choosing what clubs to put in your golfbag). The powerups vary from things like air brakes, sticky balls, ice balls, etc. They're pretty fun.

The game is also retina display compatible and game center compatible.

The game includes all the 'classic' stick golf courses with upgraded graphics, as well as new 'super' courses.

The game has a unique chip-tune soundtrack composed by Whitaker Blackall (composer for one man left's 'tilt to live').

Some screencaps I just took from the game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions about the game in this thread. So if you're a fan of Stick Golf and have any questions fire away.

We're also looking for beta testers. If you're interested in helping us out just PM me.

Cheers.

2. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    PM sent. I really love the first one. :)

3. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Active Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I also really loved the first stick golf game, I still play it from time to time. And the only minor gripe I had with the game was that once I finished all the courses there really isn't much incentive to go back and replay them (unless it is for trying to score better than your previous effort).

So I think the most major suggestion that I would have for the sequel would be perhaps add a random challenge mode? Like the layout of the course would randomly change everytime you play it? IMHO it would make the lasting value of the game unbeatable. And I would have no second thoughts on willing spending more to buy this game if it does have it.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    This is a nice development. And looks like this a proper sequel and whole new game, unlike some other sequels which are just incremental upgrades to the original game.

I really enjoyed the first edition of the game. Looking forward to super stick golf.

I see you have conveyor belt flooring. Are there any super-bounce floors too? Kind of an opposite to sand bunks? Those should be fun to navigate.

5. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
  6. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Looks cool.. will it be a universal app?

7. BluCreator

BluCreator New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Hey,

I would be interested. Please send me a link, thanks. :eek:

~Blu

8. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Looks promising! :D

9. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I'd love to try this one out! PM sent.

10. jschidlowsky

May 31, 2010
    Thanks for all the PMs. I'll try and get back to everybody as soon as possible.

@MaxPower - The game will be released as a non-univeral app, but It's definitely something we'll be looking at in upgrades. We plan to support this game for a while with good updates.... The first update I really want to finish will be online game center multiplayer. I want like to have a mode where 2-4 players play simultaneously and the first one in the hole wins the hole. The mode could have unlimited powerups, and the idea would be the best of 9 holes wins... etc

11. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Sounds Good Looking Forward to the Reply :D

12. rodgerthat12

rodgerthat12 New Member

Nov 16, 2010
  13. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    testers

If you're still looking for beta testers I'd love to help out. I have both an iPhone 4 and an iPad.

I'm a huge fan of Stick Golf and this game looks like it's going to be sweet as well.

14. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'd love to try super stick golf. I'll be happy to report my experiences with the games and a review when released. PM sent.

15. slick_graal

slick_graal Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Mars
    I will do it if there is still room to beta

16. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Best game ever!! :D

17. Kmallonee

Kmallonee New Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Super stick golf

I'm responding to your post about needing beta testers I love your original stick golf game and got all my friends hooked and love to be the first one on the block to help u test SUPER stick golf!!

18. jschidlowsky

May 31, 2010
    The beta test period is pretty much finished.. Thanks to all the people who sent me a msg and thanks to everyone that helped out. If you didn't get to beta test, I'm apologize but I also will probably have some pre-release promo codes left over and I'll give some of those out.

The game has finished going through approval by apple. The release will be going live on the app store late next week!