What song are you guys listening to at the moment?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I did a long time ago. I bought their Epica album but never really listened to them after.

NP: Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Listening to chiptune and dubstep podcasts. Hours of great music for free! :D

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #403 Somerandomdude, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Getting myself pumped up for (hopefully) the best day ever with some sick music right now.

NP: Lamb of God - Laid to Rest

EDIT: Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio

EDIT EDIT: I Set My Friends on Fire - But the NUNS are Watching

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Been stuck on this song for a while since I have heard it, but other than that been listening to heavy Melodeath shit in preperation for work.

5. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Dubstep annoys me, there's some really good stuff, but it's so easy to make, that there is a sea of crap

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This except I have to disagree with their being some good stuff. It's all garbage. All of it. It's so retarded easy to make and artist who make it, make it really obvious. Bleh. Boooorrrriiiinnnnggg...

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Well when you're so mad that you could beat the crap out of someone, nothing better to listen to than For Love and Failing by Bleeding Through. So I'm listening to that.

8. Constancey

Constancey New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    cashier
    New Jersey
    i am listening to many songs like backstreetboys and so on......

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    #409 Rocketman919, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Oh, you should. I honestly hated the shit out of UCOD when it first came out, then I listened to it about 20 times and I really started liking it, then last weekend my friends and I did a little drinkin and had the song on repeat over and over again (we didn't know what we were doing) and that sealed the deal. The song is great.

Also, Barely Legal is an amazing song. I'm assuming you have all of their previous albums, right?

10. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Lamb of God finally released the song Hit the Wall from the Iron Man 2 video game that nobody bought. I think up until this point there were only versions without lyrics on youtube, but this is the whole shebang. Check it out, it is awesome.

If it is so easy to make then why dont you make some then?

And what does that bold part even mean, "make it really obvious"?

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #411 Booch138, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Not to toot my own horn, friend, but I can make way better music that that. This for example, at least in my own musical opinion, is better than any dub-step song I have heard. So is this. And those are all songs I did on a simple beat maker YEARS ago. So why don't I make dub-step music? Cause it bores me to tears.

Bolded: because the artists I have heard involved in the dub-step scene make it sound like they put no effort what-so-ever in their music.

This is all just opinion dude, you might think my songs suck, that's fine. But to me, they are much better than any crappy dub-step song. That's all... sorry if you like that shit.

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Why would anyone make music they don't like?

Also, imo dubstep is pretty much the least tolerable music ever.

13. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah I have all their studio albums, Is This It and Room On Fire are amazing, really into them at the moment

Also on dubstep: Well I'm glad we don't have any musical snobs here... :p

Tower Philosophy

This is what I like, I hate dubstep remixes, all they do is kill songs but some original songs can be quite epic, and at the right time have an awesome effect

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Listened to that song, and while it was dramatically better than any other thing I have heard in the dub-step genre, it was still rather mundane. I dunno... it's just not for me I guess.

And yeah, I hate to sound like a music snob but one can really say that I am. I listen to all sorts of music (literally) and when I find a genre or artist/band I don't like (which is pretty rare) I just don't know what to do with myself. I guess I always just come off as a dick though, and for that I apologize. But I won't budge on being able to like the stuff.

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Dude I fail to see how you can make and enjoy music like that and not like dubstep. Maybe you just arent listening to the right stuff, because those songs that you made sound very dubsteppy just without the bass. Every artist makes their own unique stuff, but it all falls under the general category of "Dubstep."

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I guess I am not listening to the right stuff. Both my little brother and my little brother-in-law are in love with listening to, and making that stuff and while I am impressed that they are both able to do so, it's not a far stretch from doing absolutely nothing to make it. I guess you will have to try and convert me eh? Give me something I'd like, something that will wow me and maybe I will end up caring for some of it. Till then I've yet to come across anything that didn't make me want to pause it halfway through and put on something else.

In any event, thanks for checking out my songs ^.^

17. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    This is some stuff with high production
    Nero, Me and You

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of it but in it's rare moments of brilliance it's quite amazing

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    James LaBrie - One More Time

19. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Shanty Town - Mr. Scruff

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm not listening to anything right now, but three songs have been stuck in my head all day:

All Signs Point to Lauderdale by A Day to Remember
    People = S--- by Slipknot
    The Fury of Our Maker's Hand by DevilDriver

I also was planning on listening to What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse by The Black Dahlia Murder in a few.