no tactics games out ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pixelchild, May 20, 2010.

1. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    hi. are there any solid tactics games like FF Tactics, disgea, dynasty tactics?

2. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    You could check out Song summoner: Encore. I enjoyed but it seems I'mi n the minority there. Though it is the most FF: Tactics-like game on the appstore.

Also a good (if slightly different) suggestion is Battle for wesnoth. It's more of a tbs than a tactics game though I highly recommend for the massive amount of content it has.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    There is also Uniwar which is more of a turnbased Advanced Wars-esque game.

As far as FF Tactics your best bet would definitely be Song Summoner. It was fun, and I liked it too.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You might like 100 Rogues (tactical roguelike)

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Battle for Wesnoth. Best bang for you buck! :cool:

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Ooh, I just thought of another one - Laser Squad (by the same guys as X-Com) is a free download within Commodore 64 (which is also free)

It's old and crusty, but it's a solid tactical squad game, especially for free. ;)

7. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    I thought Summoner was amazing, and FF Tactics used to be one of my favorite games. But I'd take a look at Rebirth Of Fortune. At the moment, my iPod is broken or I'd have downloaded it already, but it seems to be a copy of FF Tactics' play style and graphic style, but with little to no store. If you're simply looking for battles, it looks pretty great haha. However, Summoner will always be #1 in my book (iPod tactics wise :) )