TibiaME - iPhone MMO

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Balinor, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Balinor

Balinor Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Toucharcade has already covered the game at this years GDC:
    http://toucharcade.com/2010/03/10/gdc-2010-tibiame-mmo-coming-to-the-iphone/

The gameworld does not run in instances, so everything you do has an effect in the world. If you drop your weapon, some other player on your world can come and pick it up. You will always meet people in the dungeon and the main cities are crowded places. Also there are players from all over the world, so you will be able to team up with players from Russia, Indonesia, Germany or any other country.

The game has been around for a long long time now, more than 6 years. In this time we added a lot of content. Also this is one the most updated mobile games. CipSoft listens to the community and implements many of their ideas in one of the 12 Episodes and 2 big updates every year.

2. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Ahaha I suspected this would one day come...

I tried playing it on my Nokia phone...

It is THE slowest game evar...

You walk at a snails pace.

3. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I hope the game runs smoother on the iPhone then u say it does.

4. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    According to IGN:
    "The submission is planned for 1. September 2010. The iPhone client will be distributed for free in the AppStore."

5. BTM4444

Apr 21, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Great! I have really been looking forward to playing this on my ipod

6. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Same here. I used to be big in Tibia a couple years back. I was wondering when they would port it to ipod.

7. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I wish they would port the full PC game instead of TibiaME.. at least as a single player game, or a new server for iphone players only(rather than mixing PC with iphone). That was where it was at, the mobile version always looked watered down big time, and I am sure the iphone could handle more.

The best would be a straight port, allowing players to play their characters on the PC, then switch to the iphone on the go. They would make sooo much money charging it out at 4.99+, with all the PC players buying the game(hopelessly addicted), and attract a lot of new players....

8. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    More info:
    It’s free to play (though an in-app purchase will purportedly upgrade you to Premium).
    It’s persistent and real-time.
    2 different character classes (warrior and wizard) with their own individual skills and powers
    12 huge islands with different themes like ice, desert or jungle
    Many cities with shops, depots, trade and guild halls
    150+ fierce monsters like cyclops, orcs, trolls, dragons or even vampires
    200+ challenging and funny quests like “Overcome the monster phobia” or “Stop the mad magician”
    12 episodic and 2 major content updates per year featuring new areas, quests and monsters.

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/news/tibiame-freetoplay-mmo-rpg-coming-iphone/?utm_source=wordtwit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wordtwit#ixzz0xdEsq5KK

9. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    It isn't really news to anyone who has played Tibia, but any news is good news still.

10. BTM4444

Apr 21, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Is there a customation system in this game. Where if u put on a sword or piece of armor it shows up on your character in the game?

11. Kdawg1989

Kdawg1989 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    bump for tibiame! :cool: kevin :cool:

12. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    Nope, items do not change your appearance. Just look up the PC version of Tibia if you want an idea of how it will handle.

13. Balinor

Balinor Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Submission to the App Store was done on the 1st of September.. We are now waiting and counting the days for Apple to review the game :) so hopefully it will be available in the Store quite soon.

The game can be controlled in different ways by the way:
    - Virtual joystick (you can switch to left handed mode in the main settings)
    - Swipe (we suggest to turn on "Use walklock" in the main settings for this), the character will run in the direction of the swipe. With activated walklock, keep your finger on the screen after the swipe. The character will then continue to run into this direction. Change direction with a swipe movement.
    - Simple touch, the character will run to field you touched on the screen

All 3 controls work at the same time - so you can switch between as you like.

14. Kdawg1989

Kdawg1989 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    stoked!!!

how long does apple submission usually take for approval?

15. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I'm really excited about this! Could you post a video of the final build to make the wait more bearable?

Also, how much is the premium account going to cost?

16. Julio Gorgé

Julio Gorgé Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Managing Director at Lemon Team
    Looking forward to this one too, also greetings to CipSoft's Stephan Vogler, had the pleasure to meet him on Cologned couple of years ago.

17. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Just had to bump. I've been doing research on tibiame.com and I'm more excited about this MMO than Yslandia. It seems like the quests are a lot more unique, and the world is just huge :eek:

Apple hurry up and approve this already!

18. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    Tibia is a pretty big PC MMO. It is basically a watered down version of the PC game. I used to be really big in Tibia a few years back, so I am really excited for this.

19. Kdawg1989

Kdawg1989 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Whats taken it so long? was it not submited sept 1? you said 14 days?

does anyone here know how long apple takes to approve a game? i check the app store literally every night at 11pm to see if it hit the app store.... i cannot wait any longer!! wtf?????:eek::eek:

20. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    Approval does not take 21 days... There must have been something Apple must not have liked. This is disappointing, I have been waiting for TibiaME since I got my iPod in December.