X Invasion 2 - 3D Flight Combat coming 2.10.2010

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Viderea, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viderea

Viderea Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    SF Bay Area
    #1 Viderea, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Update (1/24/2010):

Thanks everyone for your interest. The beta signup period is now over. We have contacted the selected participants. Hope everyone can check out X Invasion 2 when it comes out 2/10/2010!

----------------------------

Update (1/20/2010):

We are looking for Beta Testers who would be interested in testing X Invasion 2. Specifically, we are looking for testers who have prior experience testing iPhone games.

Details:

Applications need to be received by: Jan 23, 2010
    Beta Testing Dates: Jan 25, 2010 - Feb 1, 2010

Please PM us the following information and confirm by replying to this thread:

1. Real Name
    2. Email address
    3. UDID
    4. Device Type & OS version
    5. Previous Beta Testing experience

Testers may use all beta material in reviews, blogs, and forums.
    One tester will be selected to receive a $15 iTunes gift card.

--------

We are excited to announce "X Invasion 2" a 3D Flight Combat Game coming 2.10.2010! Here are some preview details and a video trailer. We would love to hear your comments and suggestions. The game is in beta now and any feedback to make the game better would be great!

Game Brief

Earth Date: 2.10.2010

We thought they came in peace. We thought they would bring knowledge. We thought they would bring salvation.

We were wrong.

Hostile aliens have invaded San Francisco, and you are Mankind's last line of defense. Train Hard,
    Be Brave, Fight with Courage, and Godspeed!

Game Features:

X Invasion 2 is the first 3D Reality Based Game for the iPhone/iPod platform to incorporate Viderea's patent pending TruView Technology. With TruView, users can fly freely over 10,000 square miles of photorealistic and geographically accurate views of the San Francisco Bay Area.

X Invasion 2 has 3 modes of play:

1. Campaign Mode. 16+ unique and intense missions that will test your skill, your accuracy, and your will. This is not the same mission recycled over and over again (ie destroy 1 plane, destroy 2 planes, destroy this plane, destroy that plane,etc). Instead each mission is unique -- intense dogfights, follow the leader, aerial rollercoasters, airport landing, night patrol, bombing runs, a final mothership, and more!

2. Arcade Mode. Nonstop action lets you compete for the top spot on our global high scores list. In this mode, you can take on wave after wave of aliens over the vast San Francisco Bay Area. This what true 3D arcade action is meant to be!

3. Tour Mode. Relax and take a virtual tour of the San Francisco Bay Area. Get in your helicopter and enjoy the scenery. Roam freely and see everything in photorealistic quality -- downtown San Francisco, the Golden Gate, San Jose, Oakland, Stanford, Berkeley, Silicon Valley, it's all there and more. You can save interesting photos to your photo album and even share them with others.

2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I think we already got enough from that genre..

3. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Chronical, maybe you have had enough of this type of game but please do not presume others have too.

If this is done well, there will be plenty of room.

Always room for a quality game and I look forward to seeing more of this once it is released.

David

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sorry about the post from Chronical - he has severe autism and he has been off his medication for a while.

The game looks great, I particularly like the ground and the detailed graphics.
    Nice work, and I look forward to it's release :)

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Looks amazing. Look forward to it. Goodluck.

6. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Looks like a great game :)
    Will there be missiles on the planes? In the trailer there is only the machine gun, is that the only weapon?

7. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Whaa?! How do you know?
    And guys, it's just my opinion.

8. Viderea

Viderea Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks everyone for the replies, we appreciate everyone's comments. We understand there is a lot of competition in this genre from other great games. This is why we want to emphasize that this is not simply another 'fire-and-forget' type of game.

1. In Campaign Mode, each mission is designed to be unique and non-repetitive. Although combat is the major theme of the game, many of the missions require use of other skills as well... agility, accuracy, resourcefulness.

2. Utilizing our TruView Technology, you can fly freely over 10,000 square miles of the San Francisco Bay Area. Unlike games where the terrain is often an afterthought, we feel flying over geographically accurate views (of our favorite city) adds a sense of realism and emotion to the game.

3. Challenging dogfights. The combat and flight controls were designed not to simulate real plane physics, but instead provide a fun, seamless, and non-aggravating use of the accelerometer. While planes will have missiles, the focus of the game is not 'fire-and-forget', the aliens will test your dogfighting prowess with their agility and tactics.

We hope there is interest in the concept of Reality Based Gaming. In the future, we hope to produce more titles which incorporate real-world graphics, GPS positioning, multiplayer support, and more to bring a more immersive gaming environment to you!

Also, we are interested in your thoughts on pricing X Invasion 2. We are leaning towards $3.99, based on what you have seen/read is this a reasonable price point?

And finally, if you get a chance, take a look at our promotion on our signature below.

9. walker9

walker9 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Loooks fun

10. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Features seem to be interesting, especially truView Technology. But does this flyable area contain 3D skycrappers and other buildings or is it just texture flat?

If i could give You a suggestion - please, work on explosions. They seem to be plastic too much and enemies planes, after destroying them, could blow into pieces instead of just disappearing.

Best!

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

the gameplay looks really smooth and fast! great mix anyday!

12. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    2.10.2010 is my BIRTHDAY!! woot something to actually look forward too. well this and BIA2 and hopefully BioShock for iphone seeing as how the second one comes out for consoles on the 9th

13. Viderea

Viderea Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    SF Bay Area
    We are looking for Beta Testers who would be interested in testing X Invasion 2. Specifically, we are looking for testers who have prior experience testing iPhone games (especially 3D simulators).

Details:

Applications need to be received by: Jan 23, 2010
    Beta Testing Dates: Jan 25, 2010 - Feb 1, 2010

Please PM us the following information and confirm by replying to this thread:

1. Real Name
    2. Email address
    3. UDID
    4. Device Type & OS version
    5. Previous Beta Testing experience

Testers may use all beta material in reviews, blogs, and forums.
    One tester will be selected to receive a $15 iTunes gift card.

14. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    PM sent :) Please let me test, this looks awesome!

15. JonLim

JonLim Active Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Founder at MustTap.com
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    This game looks great, I can't wait to see what else you can do with this game! I've posted the preview of X Invasion 2 onto MustTap, best of luck with the beta!

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

damn, that's the time where I'm on a school trip! :( and I'll probably be getting a new iPod soon... (UDID)

17. milan2022

milan2022 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Slovakia