Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    It's normal, you only get the option after a failed attempt at opening the North Gate, when Lorag sends you back in time. Then, once you encounter the Elvin a second time, since you now know that the Golbins will try to open the gate by coming from the well because you witnessed it, the option will appear.

2. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Nope, all the way down to 2 and they still walk away. Maybe it has to be during the very first combat.

3. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    It's in the last set of tunnels just when you get to the bottom. Get caught (don't cover light, step out, etc.), and then get your stamina 6 or below. You'll then be captured.

4. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    That explains it. I never rewind.

5. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Yes, those are the tunnels I am in. Does my stamina need to be 6 when I encounter the Goblins, as opposed to dropping to that threshold during combat with them?

6. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    No. I did it this morning. Right under the ladder, I had 14 health. I then dropped to 6 in first combat (tried 7 & 8, but that was too high) before I killed the Goblin. Next text says it all goes back.

7. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Thanks, I finally got it to work. I think it was in the second combat as well. The first goblin was just so scared that he kept blocking and wouldn't attack.

Odd that I had got down to 2 stamina in the 3rd or 4th battle and that didn't trigger the capture. Maybe that was actually too low; after being captured at 6 I was down to 2 (I think) when I woke up in front of the King.

8. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    I'm qouting a bit from the Sorcery 3! Google Doc guide

How do you get these two items?

9. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Analander's question was answered in the Sorcery! 3 thread, but for the benefit of others:

10. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Because someone asked in the Sorcery! 3 thread whether it was possible to visit the Flayer's hut and the Dwarftown merchant in the same game, I thought I would share two solutions here.

1. Go right at the crossroads; stop to eat when prompted and learn half of Moulas' spell line. Enter the Festival of Fools, leave by the north entrance and visit the Flayer, then travel back down the main road. Dispatch the undead creature and search its throat for the other half of Moulas' spell line. Return to the crossroads and head left to reach Dwarftown.

2. Go straight at the crossroads (dispatch the undead creature to get gold and pebbles from local residents, but you don't need to search its throat). Sit with the poachers you meet along the way and stick around until Sirisi shows up. Tell her fortune using PHAR to learn the answer to the impossible question at Slaang's temple (this will allow you to gain Moulas' spell line at the temple without converting to Slaang). Continue to the Flayer's hut, then enter the fair at the north end. Travel through the fair, exit at the south end, cut through the fields (stop to help a farmer to gain gold and a meal), and cut through the grounds of Theetah's mansion.

Attached Files:

11. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    didnt quite understan yet that game, What games would a person compare this to?
    thanks

12. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    My iPhone downloaded a new version of Sorcery! 2. The rewind mechanism is now the same as Sorcery! 3, and they fixed the glitch that allows you to drink the Potion of Mystery an infinite number of times. :eek:

13. Etherbreather

Etherbreather Active Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Regarding Vangorn

How does one get both the black facemask and the poison from Vangorn?

I dont seem to get the option of killing him, so what dialogue options do I need? Also will this prevent me from chosing Courga later?

14. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think
    if you drink the poison and have him cure you, you can no longer kill him.

There are two other ways you can get a black facemask:

1. Spend the night in the prison (don't sleep, or the old man will steal from you). On the way into town, look up at the cliff and you will discover a body that you can search to obtain a mask.
    2. It's one of the items you can obtain at the top of Courga's temple by casting TAK (wait for the black sparks).

15. Keneki

Keneki Member

May 13, 2015
    if u got the black facemask at the beginning from the elf, u can kill vangorn after u drink his poison and get cured when your about to leave

16. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    Locket from Sorcery! 1

I saw somewhere that there was a way to find the locket in Khare, by a well?
    Does anyone know where this is?

17. Kamatari

Kamatari Member

Jul 2, 2015
    It used to be that you can find the Locket in Part 2 by either swimming up the west Kharé well or jumping/getting dumped off Vik's slave ship. Both methods leave you waking up on the east bank of the Jabaji river, and you find the Locket on the bank as you wake up in the morning. But Inkle appears to have removed this possibility in one of its patches to the game, and it's no longer possible to get this item in the current version of the game.

Other things that have been patched in the past include visiting Cancax over and over for infinite gold, visiting Hanna's Cabinet twice (it's now impossible to get into his tent a second time), and it was also possible -- back in the day -- to travel through Lower Kharé in such a circuitous way that you could get both the Burnt Wooden Mask AND go see Sirisi (this is totally not possible anymore).

18. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    Thank you again Kamatari! But, oh how annoying! I thought I could get both
    the jeweled collar and the locket
    . Now I will just have to do the playthrough with the collar only.

19. Kamatari

Kamatari Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Personally, I'd go for the
    Locket
    . That's the item we're pretty sure will have a use in Part 4, while
    it's possible that the only purpose for the Jeweled Collar is as raw materials from which the Klattaman blacksmith can create a Jewel-studded Medallion for you

20. ZAD-Man

ZAD-Man New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Gardens of Briar

So I've come across this thread a few times while searching for information on the Gardens of Briar, and decided I should ask about them again. I've posted a question on Arqade, but had very little attention and no answer. Are the Gardens of Briar accessible?