Ar you allowed to publish your download numbers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by LockStockGames, May 18, 2012.

1. LockStockGames

LockStockGames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Hi all,

I was thinking of putting up my download numbers for Speedway Racers, I want to make it a little more detailed than the others, with my daily app store position for each region. As a member of the IOS developer program am I allowed to do that?

I suspect the answer is yes but you never know.

Thanks all!

2. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    I don't ever remember reading anything about that in the developer agreement, though it was a long and arduous document, so my brain might have already died before I got to that part. I also never read the updates.

There are a lot of third party programs though who work by you giving them access to your sales figures, so I am guessing it is okay.

3. LockStockGames

Oct 28, 2011
    Thunder game works used to post their daily download figures for Trenches up until Trenches 2 but they put up the total worldwide downloads but only their position on the US apstore came out so it might be ok.

4. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, if Trenches was doing it, that does make it sound okay. Also, common sense would dictate that you are not hurting Apple by releasing these figures so it should be okay.

Of course, if you want to super sure, you could always post in the developer portal's forum. Sometimes actual Apple people reply on that, so it is more official.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Wonka™ from ustwo™ does it at least once a Week for Whale Trail too and he did even asked once on Twitter if Developer wants to join him in doing it too if I remember it right.

6. LockStockGames

Oct 28, 2011
    Ill do it then, probably going to take a while though, my game has only been out three days :)