Need a Website?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by CreativeDev, Jul 10, 2009.

1. CreativeDev

CreativeDev Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Do you need a website for your Team or Application? Well I can help. I am a new web designer for hire and I figured where better to find a job than a developer who needs a website done! For a small fee, I can design a website around your application, or for your own team.

All you do is tell me your Application and I do what I do! The price for this is Very Small, the most you will have to pay for an entire website is $50. But actual price will be discussed after we talk about what you want done. To see what I have done, look at my (small) portfolio at http://justice.tekkdrop.com . On there is a contact email so we can get in touch and I can help you out!

2. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    I looked at your portfolio, but don't see an actual design or a link to a site I can look at that you've done. If your interested in offering this kind of service, can you please post something to look at?

3. CreativeDev

CreativeDev Member

Apr 11, 2009
    If you look under, there is a subtitle that says the website.

4. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Ya, but the site is not linked, atleast not in iPhone safari. I'll check it in FF3.5 when I get home, but if it's not linked, consider a way to link it.

5. CreativeDev

CreativeDev Member

Apr 11, 2009
    True, I will see what I can do with that. I can try to link it.

6. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    David, few quick pointers, web designer to web designer.

For the site link, perhaps have a list of the sites you've done so far, that way the potential clients can see an interactive version of the site. If the site isn't online yet, perhaps host a mirror of it on your site, and link to that.

Not a big thing, but perhaps group the different sections of the portfolio page. From an aesthetic point of view, it looks much better than a list of things you've done.

And now a very small thing. Add something along the lines of:
    to the bottom of your page. It's standard protocol to add this to sites you make.

Zandog, Had a look at the code of the site, it uses a Javascript Lightbox function, perhaps Safari on the iDevice doesn't support that.

7. Thorero

Nov 15, 2008
    Portugal
    And due to a useless net connection, it seems I managed to post twice.

8. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Lightbox, to my surprise, is iPhone friendly. Even more surprising; it is IE friendly. And, according to the caption, you can visit his sample page here: http://boom.tekkdrop.com/

The "red flags" are the missing images and a (seemingly, at least) randomly placed mobile optimized page that (seemingly, at least) does not pair up with a similar big brother. The look is not uniform throughout the site and navigation is just too clumsy.

David, keep trying.

9. dorino

dorino Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If the boom site is any indication I'm not quite sure if you're ready to offer your skills to the masses.

It looks a little horrid in low resolutions.
    And it really requires a landscape view to look right.

D:

10. Thorero

Nov 15, 2008
    Portugal
    Lightbox is iPhone friendly? Huh, never knew that. Thanks for the link, missed that one.

11. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Yeah, I took a look and the link options were not used. Not to steal his thunder, but I also do web design, just not much of a coder. I generally contract out for that. Never the less, my deviant art portfolio.

12. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Lol I watched the Boom video, that was really funny. I like it!

13. Nightmoore

Nightmoore Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Freelance Artist
    Nashville, TN
    If you want to promote your app with it's own site (or need a company site), then I'll gladly throw my hat in as well:

www.pixelshock.com

11 years experience. Illustration, flash, 3D...whatever needs to be done. And yeah, it's gonna be higher than $50. But you get what you pay for. ;)

14. Thorero

Nov 15, 2008
    Portugal
    #14 Thorero, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    And here's my offering too.

Anything that needs to be done to promote your App, from website design and hosting, to advertising and translations.

All websites made conform to W3C standards, and are tested to be viewable correctly in all major browsers.

I couldn't honestly rough out prices beforehand, as each project is different, However, after working with other freelance webdesigners, I can certainly assure you it's going to be good value for money.

And, if you just so happen to need artwork for your game, but for whatever reason are stuck, I'm a 2D/3D artist with over 6 years in the industry. Some examples on the page below.

Portfolio site still being worked on, but either contact me via my DevArt account: http://thorero.deviantart.com
    Or by email: [email protected]

*Corrected*

15. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  16. Fu3lRac3r

Fu3lRac3r Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Web Design and iPhone Development
    England
    Hey what happened to your design for TouchArcade? Where they just not interested or did you never pitch it to them.

Interested because I was thinking of contacting them and pitching a new site design as the current really is rather nasty :)

17. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    You can try. I know he's not looking, he'll listen. He likes more of the same 2.0 style template he's got right now if he's evening willing to cater the idea. He's a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy so selling a design is not easy.

18. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    And if you want somewhere you can post your screenshots, embed youtube (and others) videos, write all about the games, you, your software and get comments, embed your twitter feed and more:

http://wordpress.com

Cost: $0