Universal Skateboard Party 3 featuring Pro Skater Greg Lutzka - Available Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ratrodstudio, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #1 ratrodstudio, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

We are happy to announce that our latest title Skateboard Party 3 will be available in the coming weeks on the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store and Windows Store.

This third edition of the popular sports franchise features professional skater Greg Lutzka. Skateboard Party 3 brings the thrill of skateboarding to your mobile device! Hop on your board, learn new tricks and improve your skills in 8 completely unique locations.

Play with your friends using the online multiplayer mode or challenge skaters from all over the world on the leaderboards. Complete over 70 level objectives and achievements, gain experience and upgrade your favorite skater with the coolest gear. Customize your outfits, shoes, boards, trucks and wheels with licensed brands.

CAREER MODE
    Complete over 70 achievements and level objectives to unlock new items and locations. Gain experience to upgrade your favorite skater’s attributes to perform better and achieve higher scores.

FREE SKATE
    Practice and improve your skateboarding skills without any time constraints.

MULTIPLAYER
    Challenge your friends to a skateboard battle and let’s see who can land the baddest tricks! Share and brag your results with your friends on Twitter.

MASSIVE SELECTION
    Select between 16 skaters and customize each of them to your preference choosing your favorite gear. A massive collection of outfits, shoes, boards, trucks and wheels are available including items from Osiris, Onnit, Nectar, Jammypack, FKD Bearings and Darkstar.

LEARN TO SKATE
    There are over 40 unique tricks to master and hundreds of combinations. Follow the new interactive tutorial to get started and progress as you go. Execute the craziest combos and trick sequences to rack up some impressive high scores, gain experience and make a name for yourself.

GAME CONTROLLER
    Compatible with most game controllers available.

CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS
    New fully customizable control system to configure your own button layout. Use the right or left handed control mode, select a control preset or create your own. Use the analog stick or accelerometer option as you wish. Adjust your truck tightness to change your steering sensitivity.

Watch the official game trailer:

Skateboard Party 3 features:
    • Supports all the latest generation devices and optimized for high resolution displays.
    • Online multiplayer mode to play against your friends or other skaters online.
    • New fully customizable control system. You can adjust everything!
    • Learn over 40 unique tricks and create hundreds of combinations.
    • Massive skateboard locations to ride including the OC Ramps Skatepark, Venice Beach, Chinatown, San Francisco, Moscow, a Nature Museum, drainage ditch and Medieval Plaza featuring a mega ramp.
    • Customize your skater or board with tons of exclusive content including outfits, shoes, boards, trucks and wheels from licensed brands.
    • Play often to gain experience and upgrade your skater’s attributes. Complete all level objectives for Greg to reach maximum potential.
    • Share your results with your friends on Twitter.
    • Extended soundtrack featuring songs from Chaos Delivery Machine, We Outspoken, Voice of Addiction, Templeton Pek, Sink Alaska, Pear, Closer and Melodic in Fusion.
    • Ability to purchase experience points or special items using in-app purchases.
    • Record and share your skate sessions on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
    • Ability to listen to your own songs from your own music library.
    • Game Center support including achievements and online leaderboards.
    • Universal version for all your iOS devices.
    • Available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Chinese.

More details about Skateboard Party 3 can be found on the official website at http://skateparty3.com.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Official Media Kit Available Here

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Greg Lutzka is a great skater!
    This looks like a winner
    Price is not bad at all

3. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Yes! I would like some good arcade skateboarding game.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I hope you guys improved the physics and added some new animations. I've always disliked the floaty skating and the same fail animation over and over, but I've enjoyed your games nonetheless.

5. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Will this be a cross release with Apple TV too? :)

6. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Similar to Snowboard Party 2, we are looking to do an Apple TV port in the coming weeks. However we still need to figure out how to remap the controls on the Apple TV remote since it will be a bit tricky for this one.

The skating engine is based on the previous title, however we did a big overhaul and there's been tons of improvements. The gameplay is much smoother and a bit more casual / arcade. The environments are also much bigger and very unique.

7. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

This is great news Ratrod! I'm a big fan of your releases and I thought I'd leave you with a short review/preview based on my impressions of Skateboard Party 2 on an iPhone 6+:

Skateboard Party 2 is without a doubt what a skateboard game should be on a portable device. When playing this game I am often reminded by how much fun I had with titles like Tony Hawk's Underground for the Gameboy Advance, Tony Hawk's Underground Remixed for the PSP, and even EA's Skate solely due to the fact that it doesn't try too hard to fit into the genre. Skateboarding can be about accolades, competitions, and rising through the ranks in order to become the best of the best BUT at the end of the day it should be about having fun and achieving the perfect 'session' so to speak. You're able to do just that in Skateboard Party 2.

Gameplay:

So what do you get with a title like this? A Career Mode, Free Skate, Multiplayer (Not Tested), Skate Shop, and Extras (Brands/Soundtrack/Credits).

With regards to completing the challenges presented via Career mode each level comes with its own set of goals which allow you to improve the skater of your choice by way of experience points, which can also be obtained at the end of a session or via in app purchases. Gear can also be acquired throughout each level in the form of hidden icons, another great incentive to PLAY the game instead of paying in order to unlock new items.

Skateboard Party 2 also features fairly accessible, customizable controls and audio. Landing progressively larger trick combinations and skating lines is a pretty straight forward affair although sharper turns might be necessary in the aforementioned sequel it doesn't detract from the overall gameplay. Additionally, whilst playing this title on my iPhone 6+ I haven't encountered any crashes and the frame rate has always been smooth.

Graphics:
    Pretty expansive environments for a mobile title, each level is pretty intricately crafted although I would've liked to have seen a bit more life throughout each level. There aren't any other visible players (skaters) on any level, nothing 'moves' so to speak but everything looks like it should for a skateboarding title. One major gripe I have with this title is the lack of ragdoll effects. There isn't anything unique about bailing or crashing solely due to the fact that every crash and/or bail is animated the same way. The only other issue I have with this title is the lack of individual character customization. The characters themselves are pretty generic, maybe even stereotypical. You can't change anything about the model of a character you're playing and you're only able to adorn what's offered.

Sound(s) :
    Skateboard Party 2 features a pretty decent song selection BUT it also gives players the option of listening to their own music library, a HUGE plus IMHO.

Final Thought(s):
    Please excuse any grammatical errors, I wrote this in my downtime on the job. You're probably thinking, "much ado about nothing" with regards to reviewing a title that was last updated in October 2015 but I can tell you that it was and IS totally worth it in anticipation to what's being advertised via Skateboard Party 3! Here's to hoping that this release improves upon what some would call a pretty solid series.

FYI I am not a paid spokesperson and I was not offered anything in exchange for this review (not even a beta test *sniff*) I just really like when a developer gives its audience exactly what they're looking for without shoving ads, timers, energy systems or in app purchases in our faces. Respect.