Itunes format app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, May 15, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Is there an app cydia or app store, that formats the music section to look like itunes on the computer, like where you can delete songs and change names and things like that?

2. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    No Appstore app will let you edit the music same goes with any Cydia app(As of now) And wut do you mean by, "look like iTunes"?

Oh and wrong section

3. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Like basically have the same look as itunes and same features, an itunes for the ipod, thats what I mean

4. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You mean like iTunes.

5. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    I'm guessing you're talking about iPad apps, since there's no way you could copy the iTunes interface on the a screen with the resolution of the iPhone, and no it doesn't exist on Cydia yet, probably because the iPad's only been jailbroken for a couple of weeks.

What I'm more surprised at is that there aren't any apps that let you edit ID3 tags for songs, since it wouldn't be hard to do - I guess most people are just too lazy to care when it comes to organizing their music.

In fact I'm surprised Apple haven't come up with something like that themselves, a tag editor seems the obvious extension to any music app. That and the ability to delete music to free up space; I think this is a bug actually, since most of the other screens let you delete stuff and there's no reason music would be any different.

6. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    its probably pointless to edit the music ID3 tags because you cant sync that info back to itunes, if you sync itll just overwrite all your work and itll end up being pointless

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I feel stupid for asking, but what is an ID3 tag, and why would one want to customize it?

8. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ID3 is like the name, title, artist, album etc.
    people usually want to fix the names up if they got it off a CD because the titles are usually Track 1 instead of their actual proper titles

9. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Not sure where you're getting that idea from; iTunes syncs metadata just fine. Try rating a song on your phone and checking it in iTunes after you sync.