CAVE sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by backtothis, Dec 20, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1 backtothis, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    "Five CAVE shooters apps will be having a sale: Dec 21, 2011 to Jan 10th, 2012! EspgaludaII, DodonpachiR, BUGPANIC, DEATHSMILES all the way!"

-via Twitter.

Stay tuned.

Should go into effect when NZ hits the 21st, which is in under four hours.

----------

DEATHSMILES $11.99 to $6.99

Dodonpachi Resurrection $7.99 to $5.99

ESPGALUDA II $7.99 to $5.99

ESPGALUDA II HD $13.99 to $10.99

Mushihimesama BUG PANIC $6.99 to 99c

2. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the heads up. Might be able to grab EspgaludaII this time around. I missed the last sale by an hour :(

3. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
  4. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Two more hours! :D
    Well for me anyway...

5. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I am still on the fence regarding the two titles. EspgaludaII or DodonpachiR?? Any tip?

6. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I was thinking about trying out one of Cave’s shmups, so I tried the lite versions and I really loved it. Which one could you shmup pros recommend for a total noob in the genre? The only Cave game I have is Bug Panic but that’s a dual stick shooter (thrower?;)) - one of my favorite dual stick games, brilliant and difficult as hell, me like! :)

7. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I'd say to get ESPgaluda II, but I have not played Death Smiles or Bug Princess. Bug Princess looks awesome.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #8 tops2, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    I'm not a bullet hell pro by any means, and I only have Deahsmiles and Bug Princess... To me, Bug Princess may be a really good choice for Bullet Hell noobs. There's 3 game modes (different bullet patterns and slightly different scoring manner), and 4 difficulty levels per game mode. If you browse the Bug Princess thread or glance at Vally's Bug Princess guide in the general discussions thread...it sounds like Bug Princess is much simpler in terms of scoring mechanics.. This lets me focus more on playing and surviving for fun. I definitely prefer Bug Princess to Deathsmiles for my *bullet hell* experience.

I don't have Espgaluda nor Dodonpachi though, and while those 2 sound like they are also good..the scoring mechanics sounds too complex to me for *my taste* so hats why I didnt get them. It's just my preference though... Feel free to join the Bullet Hell group and ask people for advice! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention...I also have Bug Panic, and between bug Panic, Bug Princess and Deathsmiles...I love Bug Panic by far! But I'm more of a duel stick shooter person. =D

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

If the HD version of EspgaludaII goes on sale, I'll probably pick it up for my wife's iPad.

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Five? So Bug Princess is going on sale already? =/

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Cool! I don't have ANY of these so which is the best?

12. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Depends on your preference.

- Dodonpachi is the only scifi themed one, has challenging scoring, and a dual-weapon system
    - EspgaludaII imho is a bit easier to play due to only one bullet type, but the scoring can get more advanced
    - Bug Panic is an amazingly unique take on the dual-stick shooter
    - Deathsmiles is the only sidescrolling, has variable difficulty, and the iPhone mode is an RPG with equipment and item collection
    - Bug Princess has far simpler scoring, and the differences between difficulties is much more apparent, making it accessible to newcomers, as well as challenging for pros.

13. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I love Bug Panic! Never played many shmups except for free ones on the app store but didn't really get into them. I hear cave has the best so maybe I'll get one.

14. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Waiting for the sale prices to kick in!

How does bug princess look on the iPad? I heard it doesnt fully utilize the screen estate of the iPad?

15. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    None of the Cave iOS shooters do. They're all super low-res, including the 'HD' Espgaluda. Your best bet is to always set the screen to 'Small' and just deal with the smaller screen. It's the only way to get these looking decent on the iPad.

16. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    well >.> that's rather disappointing.

17. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010

Thank you for your advices and opinions guys. Basing on what I have read here and in the Bug Princess thread I think that it will be the best choice for a bullet hell noob like me :)

18. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Oh that sucks. I may be getting an IPad for Christmas and really thought one of those would look great on there. Hmm...

19. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Darn I just picked up Dodonpachi, oh well at least I can get Espgauda for cheaper.

20. BlindingLights

BlindingLights Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    I've been waiting all my life to see the words Cave and Sale together. No lies.