Fast hype?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jeknightx, Jul 19, 2009.

1. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I played f.a.s.t on my friends iphone and dont understand why this is so popular can someone please explain what is so fun about it cause i am thinking about buying it

2. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    If you didn't like it, then why would you buy it just because somebody else does?

3. jeknightx

Jul 18, 2009
    because i liked the idea i just didnt understand the game

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    simply and completely because it offers an easy to use multiplayer system.

5. jeknightx

Jul 18, 2009
    Thanks i never new there was multiplayer

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    2 vs. 2 = iPhone gaming heaven :D The campaign missions are meh, only good to unlock planes and teach the player basic plane handling.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Exactly and by the time you are able to actually get to complete all 30 missions, you should be able to wreck pretty much 90% of the players online if you won each round through dogfighting means. xD.

and...you're welcome heh.

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    That's very true, but I don't know a single person who can beat Level 30 legitimately. 10 planes on Insane difficulty!

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Actually better than 99% I would say, since if you can win through dogfighting, that would mean you would have completely mastered the skill of dodging, taking perfect opportunities, and know how to use flares at the best times, also you would need an optimal sense of the controls.

That sounds like too much work for me. I'm stuck on like level 27 lol, my dodging sucks. :mad:

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    1) It's almost impossible (or at least seems impossible) to dodge missiles with anything either than flares.

2) When planes are flying within 200 feet of you, targeting someone long enough to lock-on to them is like trying predict where an electron is gonna be.

And while controlling an F-447 (or it it 228, 52... 27?) may feel great with the accelerometer, it can really mess you up if you're going for a really tight turn. Looking at your screen at a 170 degree angle sucks, as does shaking your phone to release flares. They great part about it, though, is that most people online are also as inept as you :p

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ya the game is flawed in that.
    Actually most of them are worse teehee :cool:. There's the one's that use the early stealth fighter with the max range and try to take you out in the first encounter LOL, then there's the one's that freaking run away and try to make you crash by flowing low..wow those games take..ugh, and then there's the one's go round and round and round and try to shoot you in the 1 and a half seconds they're locked on xP. I think I'm in the third category. :D

12. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah. I have it and I've been winning quite a few matches. It feels good to win. ^_^ I'm currently on level 24 (not stuck). It's an enjoyable game. More fun than I thought it would be.

13. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The iphone needs IL-2 Sturmovik

14. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I dogfighted 26 but I didn't bother with the remainder instead using a combo of flying through the mountains, skimming low and taking out the odd plane.