Universal Mikey Jumps (By BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 9, 2016.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #21 ColeDaddy, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    I'm really loving this game. Great job, BTG

Also I think the endless Mulligans at the start of each level is ingenious

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #22 slamraman, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Me too. I didn't test it but am not disappointed. It's a different game to the others. I just replayed all three of the others plus the halloween one over the last two weeks and this really is the perfect complement to it (as AKD says). It's like Mr Jump and also kinda puts me in mind of that Mr Karoshi game from Donkeys ago - without the killing yourself part. I remember when Boots came out my youngest son didn't dig it as much as shorts and hooks but after playing Jumps this morning he says that this is his favourite yet. Whilst I can't say it's my favourite in the Mikey canon (yet) I'm loving it more than anything else this week - it's even taken me away from Imbroglio and Yankai's Triangle.

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I think this is an excellent execution of the quick level format they were going for. Reminds me of Mr Jump as well, and also the more recent Nekosan. I love all these games. I can see how one might see this as an unexpected game, but not a disappointing one.

Trying to get through the last few set of levels, I kept thinking there's no way I'm getting no-hit achievements for these. Some of those Boots sections are killers. But I got em all :D

[​IMG]

4. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Thought that too, my heart was beating like crazy on 20-10 but got it as well #

5. graham

graham Member

Jan 22, 2010
    A+++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN

seriously MikeG and qpawn you guys never disappoint. Lovin it!

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    They ventured with a different format than all the other Mikeys, I'm probably more a fan of the original format but this may get its fans.

7. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    At first i didn't like it as much as the previous mikey games. But now i like the "go as far as possible without losing a life"-challenge VERY much :cool:

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    #28 sweetdiss, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    The first few screens I was a bit disappointed since it was so much simpler than the previous games. But after completing several of the worlds, I now think it's completely brilliant. I love that we can hook again (my favorite mechanic from the previous entries).

If you were let down at first, keep playing. Combining all the elements of the last few games into a more "bite-size" package that fits in with current mobile trends is a stroke of genius.

Also, the pay model is absurdly fair. The only reason to buy the doubler is to support Beavertap (which you should, especially since I didn't see much featuring for this in the App Store). I bought the More Lives IAP.

One minor criticism: On my iPad Air tapping doesn't seem quiiiiite as responsive as I'd like. I'm used to it though, and it's not a huge deal.

Request: Can we get some kind of visual cue (medal or something) on the level select screen when we collect all coins on a level and when we complete one without losing hearts? More incentive to replay.

9. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    It's featured in Mexico, but I agree, very fair model. Don't buy More Lives!! The challenge is great, and you even need to perfect each area to earn achievements.

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Just wanted to pop in real quick and thank you all for the support! I'm glad most of you are enjoying the game, but I completely understand expectations for another full-fledged Mikey game. But this is what we were going for: a harder, bite-sized Mikey game that is familiar yet very different. Thanks to Shaun and TA for the great Mikey Jumps review on the front page now, and our icon made it into the US App Store feature list refresh today. So we are very excited at the moment!

And congrats to Matt33 and Neca for finishing the game and perfecting all areas! That is a serious achievement, and I'm amazed at how fast you two accomplished it! :)

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    How well did the launch go for you guys? Are you making big bucks? While beta testing, I predicted that this would be your most successful game so far (profit wise).
    I love it that someone gave you 1star because the game is impossible to play without controller support. It's a one button game! Stupid human.

12. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Well wasn't this a pleasant surprise, it's a tightly packed compilation of Mikey's greatest hits a kind of Now That's What I Call Mikey if you will. I love the gameplay formula, something you can pick up and play for 5 minutes or an hour, frustrating at times but not as potentially phone-breaking as Mr Jump. I haven't completed it yet but I'm sitting at 188 stars so I'm tantalisingly close.

Fair play to you Matt33, now get a No Hit streak of 200 and I'll start to believe you're the real-life version of Neo #

13. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Opinion update :cool: :
    What an amazing level design! Best mikey game so far (IMHO :cool:)

14. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I'd personally like to see Mikey Jumps rise much higher in the charts!

Yeah, that review was very amusing! Whether you are pressing the screen or a button, the game isn't going to get any easier with a controller.

Glad you are enjoying the game, thanks! That's exactly what we were going for in terms of gameplay -- the ability to pick it up and play a few levels, or sit back and try to blast through as many areas as possible.

I'd be very impressed (and probably a whole lot of surprised) if someone gets a No Hit streak of 200. That is going to be really hard!!

Thanks, cyan! I know you were one who wasn't so sure about the game at first, but I'm glad you stuck with it!

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I love this

16. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    I love this game too. I never played any of the others in this series though.

I love how it feels like Geometry Dash in short bursts.

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Haha :p I'd be astounded if someone did that. I think for me, hitting 100 would be very gratifying.

18. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Just got a new best streak of 59, don't count this old dog out just yet. ;)

19. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    Why thank you sweetdiss you are too kind, if it was a music compilation it would be featured on the cooler edgier side of the vinyl and not lumbered in with Wham! and Spandau Ballet, ok probably funnier in 1986 I grant you #

20. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    You and me both Matt, that would be an achievement to end all I feel, I'm aiming for 50 and that will make me feel warm and fuzzy inside #