App Rejected - what to do?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Rocotilos, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    #1 Rocotilos, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Forget it.

2. GSnyder

GSnyder Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    It's not clear to me from your description exactly what the app does, so perhaps its purpose is similarly unclear to the app reviewers. Can you clarify?

You mention that the app "has 7 tabs". Are these 7 static displays on Islamic topics, e.g., 7 pillars of Ismaili Islam? If so, I tend to agree with Apple; this isn't really an app.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

We had this issue with a text based app called Trademark on OSX. It basically explains everything you need know about trademarks. We had to add many features to get the app eventually approved. Adding a compass or whatever else has nothing to do with the fact that you haven't dealt with text just being text. It will never get approved unless you make the text functional, interactive or whatever else that makes the app not just a website.

4. aviadbd

aviadbd Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Software n' stuff
    What Apple are trying to say is, use the iOS SDK a bit.

I'd try to add reminders or schedules for religious days, a Maps integration showing the nearest mosques, etc.

Hope it helps.

5. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    #5 Rocotilos, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Nvm...

6. lolzappan

lolzappan Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    what a weird post? But if your app is rejected you can always fix and resubmit

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Even if it's a text app I don't see why it should be rejected?

There's heaps of text apps.. There's one about different ways to remove stains foe christs sake (how boring) one that shows how to treat different spider/snake bites while waiting for emts, and even an app with information about HIV and hep c that indecently downloaded...
    Why are "text apps" not allowed? Weird...

8. GSnyder

GSnyder Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Well, we certainly can't have apps indecently downloading themselves...