Good on-rail shooters like Doom: Resurrection, Rage HD, House of the Dead?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by martin3783, Oct 30, 2017.

1. martin3783

martin3783 New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a decent on-rail shooter for iPhone. In the past I enjoyed Doom: Resurrection or Rage HD on the iPhone, but that was some time ago and 32bit apps are no longer supported in iOS 11.

Unfortunately, I never had Sega's House of the Dead on the iPhone, but I heard it was a blast.

Can somebody recommend a good title for today? I'm totally ok with paying for my apps, but I don't like in-app purchasing.

2. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Probably not as realistic as you may be looking for, but I would suggest taking a look at Mad Bullets and Major Mayhem (this one reminds me a lot of the great Operation Wolf, back in the day).

I also had some fun with Gunfinger for a while, but it's got all the usual F2P shenanigans.

And yeah, The House of the Dead Overkill was super fun! I still have it on my old iPad3. I would love to see it updated for 64 bit and back on the App Store.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I love major mayhem myself. It takes a very long time to get the good equipment even with the coin doubler but it's a fantastic game.

Billy

4. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I feel like tapping a screen to shoot takes all the fun out of an on-rails arcade shooter, no?

I remember how disappointed i was in the Point Blank collection on Nintendo DS. Heck, The Wii remote was a lame substitute for the light gun.

Best port of an on-rails shooter to not use a light gun is Typing of the Dead. That's a port I'm dying for.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have fond memories of Epoch and Epoch 2. Those were quite on rails AFAIK...

6. martin3783

martin3783 New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Thanks! I will check them all out.