PlantPedia: The most comprehensive Plant Reference iPhone App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by summer20100601, Feb 13, 2011.

1. summer20100601

summer20100601 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010

The most comprehensive Plant Reference iPhone App for Scientists, Instructors, and students. PlantPedia provides a wealth amount of information about over seven thousands of commonly seen Plants. Information such as scientific name, common name, states, growth form, flower, fruit and seed, foliage, etc, which can be as detailed as to what are the active growth period, minimum PH, seeds per pound, foliage texture, leaf retention properties, and many more.

On top of those, there are pictures of each plants: seeds, leaves, flowers, drawings, and other diagrams.

The most attractive feature is the "identify" function of the PlantPedia App, one can try to identify a plant by its flower color, foliage color, growth form, and shape and orientation. PlantPedia requires no internet connection to use, which makes it a very handy tool to identify and gain Plants knowledge outdoor.

Features include:
    1. This version collects 7251 Plants;
    2. Browse by Plant name alphabetically;
    3. Browse by States;
    4. Instant name search while browsing;
    5. Identify Plants by flower color, foliage color, growth form, and shape and orientation;
    6. Plant pictures;
    7. Fruit and Seed information includes: seeds per pound, abundance, begin period, conspicuous, persistence, color, end period;
    8. Growth information includes: growth habit, shade tolerance, duration, active growth period, minimum root depth, growth rate, growth form, toxicity, minimum pH, and re-sprout ability;
    9. Foliage information includes: leaf retention, foliage color, porosity, and texture;
    10. Flower information includes: bloom period, conspicuous, and color;
    11. Scientific description for all plant properties.

Perfect for both kids and adults to learn Plant information both in classroom and outdoor.

App Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plantpedia/id415432321?mt=8

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      48.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      50.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      41.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
  2. summer20100601

Jun 28, 2010

The most comprehensive Plant Reference iPhone App for Scientists, Instructors, and students. PlantPedia provides a wealth amount of information about over seven thousands of commonly seen Plants. Information such as scientific name, common name, states, growth form, flower, fruit and seed, foliage, etc, which can be as detailed as to what are the active growth period, minimum PH, seeds per pound, foliage texture, leaf retention properties, and many more.

On top of those, there are pictures of each plants: seeds, leaves, flowers, drawings, and other diagrams.

The most attractive feature is the "identify" function of the PlantPedia App, one can try to identify a plant by its flower color, foliage color, growth form, and shape and orientation. PlantPedia requires no internet connection to use, which makes it a very handy tool to identify and gain Plants knowledge outdoor.

Features include:
    1. This version collects 7251 Plants;
    2. Browse by Plant name alphabetically;
    3. Browse by States;
    4. Instant name search while browsing;
    5. Identify Plants by flower color, foliage color, growth form, and shape and orientation;
    6. Plant pictures;
    7. Fruit and Seed information includes: seeds per pound, abundance, begin period, conspicuous, persistence, color, end period;
    8. Growth information includes: growth habit, shade tolerance, duration, active growth period, minimum root depth, growth rate, growth form, toxicity, minimum pH, and re-sprout ability;
    9. Foliage information includes: leaf retention, foliage color, porosity, and texture;
    10. Flower information includes: bloom period, conspicuous, and color;
    11. Scientific description for all plant properties.

Perfect for both kids and adults to learn Plant information both in classroom and outdoor.

App Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plantpedia/id415432321?mt=8

3. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    costs 4.99

looks ok but would like to here / read an opinion somewhere about it

4. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I work in this field (no pun intended) and i've been looking out for something like this for plants, and trees. The one feature that i'm hoping for is photo ID. I want to either be able to take a photo, and have fellow tree spotters identify it for me, or a bit more far-fetched, have the app compare the photo to a database, or get me to fill a form and then identify what i'm looking at.

This looks excellent though, and I too would like to hear some opinions on it.

5. summer20100601

Jun 28, 2010
  6. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Great! Now you need an app to help you identify the appropriate forum :p

7. Noodler

Noodler Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    WHo programmed all the plants info?

8. summer20100601

Jun 28, 2010
    Thanks for your concern and support!This version collects 7251 Plants.
    PlantPedia is one of the best apps in the App Store.
    This is without a doubt the best encyclopedia app that I've ever downloaded - exactly what I needed.
    Thanks!

9. summer20100601

Jun 28, 2010
  10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hows the BBC involved ?

11. summer20100601

Jun 28, 2010
    A very nice program!