Games that have made you RAGE QUIT!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CrisisInNeed, Jun 12, 2011.

1. CrisisInNeed

CrisisInNeed Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Well after i browsed through my Past thread I remember telling someone that I threw my ipod at a wall after playing labyrinth 2. He then told me that It be cool if someone started a thread about freakishly hard games that you should avoid. Sothis thread is about your story of when you rage quitted after playing an iphone game. Well my story was; "Yer, like I was playin Labyrinth 2, the hard level type thinggy when i got stuck on A VERY HARD level that I coupdn't finish. After trying and retrying, i only had one reaction: i threw my ipod at a wall! But luckilly my warranty covered it." quote from post. Well that's what happened.

SO IS YOUR STORY OF WHEN YOU RAGE QUITTED AFTER AN IOS GAME??

2. CrisisInNeed

CrisisInNeed Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Excuse my grammar and punctuation, typin on ipod ;).

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    iSlice
    NinjaTown: Trees of Doom
    Castle Conflict
    Paladog

to name a few...

4. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Lots of times!
    Well, maybe not so much RAGE!!!!, but definitely GRRR, Quit, Never reload again!
    Angry Birds did that A LOT, but I think that's due to it's random physics gameplay.
    The game WAS good, and I liked it, but the fact that levels were designed in such a way that only sheer luck would beat them, kinda annoyed me a bucketload.

If anyone's tried Sheep Goes Left yet, you'll notice that, after a level's defeated you 3 times, you'll get a little Skip button. Hopefully this goes a little way to help. (because it was starting to RAGE me a bit as I was making the levels!)

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I may just suck at it, but I could not get past that stupid giant dog in NOVA 2.
    Also league of evil does that to you if you play to long.
    soozis

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Totally agree with you here. Physics based games, especially ones where beating the level is a matter of microseconds of timing or moving your finger up .00001 cm, always make me angry. >:O

Unfortunately, I have an entire folder of games like that...

7. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    run and shoot at the same time. make sure running has priority

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    #8 spidey, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    nice thread:

1. Soul. Definitely got my blood pressure soaring due to rage
    2. League of Evil, impossible mission, stage 3, trying to get a perfect level. I remember screaming more than once at nothing in particular.
    3. Fastball 2. In several levels it needed a tap at precisely the correct instant to cross an obstacle. And there would be a series of such obstacles. It got ridiculous after a point.
    4. Gravity runner. It got real tough in the end!

9. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Tried and died a few hundred times, but i'll give the entire campaign another go on my 4g now (deleted out of frustration on the 1g). Might be easier if the game runs a bit smoother.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol, I already told you that you had to alternate between paralyzing and shooting + running. It's easy. You'll get it next time around without any difficulty.

The only game I remember that fits this for me was The Impossible Game. That shit was a bitch. There's been a few other games that I deleted once I reached levels that were too hard to be rewarding upon finishing them though. But yeah, these are generally puzzle games I guess.

11. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Anyone who throws a $200+ device at a wall because of a game 1)has SERIOUS anger issues, and 2)does not deserve such a device, with as little a respect of property/material as they have. I'm sorry that that person's device was covered under warranty.

12. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    We realize that, it is not necessary to take such a thread so seriously.

On a more relevant note, JET CAR STUNTS ARGHHHHGHSIDHGSHDGBLASNB

13. phattestfatty

Mar 9, 2010
    use all of your best guns; rocket launcher, plasma, I don't fully remember, but I think laser gun doesn't work the best. It pounces, so when it's about to, change directions.
    I never paralyzed. I used a lot of rockets. and plasma.

and yea, puzzles and platformers, that's about it. BMX can get frustrating if you're going for acievements. Probably some more I can't really think of. oh, and dinosmash. I suck balls at it.

14. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Just yesterday I deleted Great Little War Game, a strategy game I'd come to love....until i got to a particular level where the fricking AI had such an unfair upperhand with resources I was screaming at my iPod :mad:

I was probably just using a bad strategy, but either way, it got me pretty pissed off!

15. phattestfatty

Mar 9, 2010
    </3.... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DELETE THAT?!?!?!!?!? coulda just asked for help on the glwg thread....

16. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    LOL i'll probably redownload it eventually! I did like it a lot, but you know, with the heat of the moment and all, I was just too angry!

17. phattestfatty

Mar 9, 2010
    yea, I've done it before. But not with glwg.... I quit for like a week or 2 though cause on the 2nd mission, I had one day left. I was a n00b then (lol n00b) and didn't know injured people did less damage. I used my general and died. when all I had to do was click end turn.

18. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah I know, I have pretty much tried everything mentioned. There was a little lag on my first gen, so that could have been the cause, but I that was literally the first time a cursed at my iphone out loud. You would think a Gameloft game would be pretty smooth on easy, but I may just be that bad.

Tried it all. Rockets, lasers, plasma. I'm probably going to get it on my first try when I get to that point again. I have wired luck like that.

I spent a lot of time trying to get gold on dirt moto racing freestyle. That one was really frustrating.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Or maybe money isn't an issue? Trolololol.

20. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    :O I didnt know that either! Always knew I was a n00b at strategy games, but not to this extent! Is there some sort of help/faq page related to this game??