The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    PS3 fanboys vs. Xbox fanboys.

I find it funny than neither of them recognizes it.

2. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Oh damn, I've been dying to see some black ops zombie footage :D

I'll most likely be getting Black Ops but I'm still not sure whether to get AC Brotherhood or NFS.

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I find it fun proving Rocketman wrong. I'm pretty sure he's the only fanboy here. I personally think 360 and PS3 are equal, just some have strengths in different categories than the other.

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    No. We weren't discussing if the PC/Linux were better choices than the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Get it right, stop insulting me, and get on topic.

Or GTFO.

5. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2265 Hmar9333, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Oi! Xbox fanboys are allowed to be Xbox fanboys here. You know, seeing as how it's a fricken Xbox 360 thread.

PS3 fanboys however, are not allowed to be PS3 fanboys here.

Thanks for that footage though :) can't wait.

6. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Ok here are my two cents worth on why I 'prefer' the 360:
    1- Price: I was late to the party but from JB Hi Fi I purchased my Xbox Elite with 5 games for $299. I saw that as a very attractive price, something the PS3 doesn't have over especially the arcade version of the console.
    2- Familiarity: Call me a fanboy, but the original xbox was my pick of the lot mainly due to the bundle which included Top Spin (I wanted that game ALOT). The PS2 was all the rage at the time, but my opinion is that control for the Xbox is better crafted to fit snuggly in your hands, even if it is chunkier. I thought the original one was perfect, but after using the 360 I can't stand the original.
    3- Friends: Being in college money isn't coming by the truckload. The 360 is the cheaper option, sothat is what my entire group of friends own. It's a social factor, but I'm far more likelyto own what everyone else already has.
    4- Kinect: I made my mind up before I heard of the Move. I wanted a Wii but was blown away with project natal. It sounded like the next step in gaming, but I'm now unsure of that seeing how the move will probably be able to utilize more games. Time will tell if I made the right choice though.

7. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Hey, if you find being wrong insulting, that's your own complex, but I'm not being directly insulting.

We weren't discussing computers as better choices than consoles, I'm not sure why you would think that's what I was trying to discuss. I was merely pointing out that almost everyone who owns a console, also owns a computer. As PvZ is also available on Mac/PC, it is redundant to state it as a vital exclusive for the Xbox, as if you had a PS3, and really wanted to play it, you still could, on your computer.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So about the new update. How is it? Impressions? i can't DL till lunch.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Man I can't wait to discuss this one. I'm sure I'll be accused of fanboyism but damn it just looks so ridiculous, I don't care who created it.

10. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Well no more jTAGs and the sleek new look make this the best update yet.

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah i downloaded it and got a look at it at lunch. It does look pretty nice. Like the new intro when you turn the xbox on too. Havn't gotten to fuss with it much but I will later with my NEW TV (Yussssss!!!)

12. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    A few days ago Microsoft was touring the area and me and a few friends got some pretty extensive play time on some Kinects, and they are actually fantastic.
    Don't make assumptions.

13. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Are you kidding me. I was at The Mall of America when they had a big booth. The stuff sucked. The thing had a huge lag between the motion and the game reacting. The games also horribly suck. Sadly.

14. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I was wondering whats the deal with ESPN. I read before its only available for some people and Im wondering can I access on it in Ireland cos I would really love it.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've seen enough to make assumptions. I've seen the retarded dance/exercise games, the decline into casual and cheaply-made software for children, the hideous lag when Turn 10 tried to apply the hardware to Forza 3. Obviously I've read previews too, with quotes such as:

So yeah, if that description fits you, go for it. I'm speaking with regards to the rest of us.

16. walsh06

ya but at the same time how many great games did the wii have when it was first released?? and no look at the quality it has. Things like this take time. No superstar game comes out on day 1.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    ESPN on the 360 is the equivalent to a pair of nuts since it doesn't have NFL.

18. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    +1 :)

19. walsh06

good to know :) but I actually dont care about nfl as it is the one american sport I can watch here. There is a channel for the nhl, mlb, ncaa but I dont get it. And I do love NCAA sports.

20. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    #2280 CaptainAwesome, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    It's completely obvious as to who Kinect is geared toward just from the Dashboard update. When you first open up the new Dashboard, it guides you through this frigging tutorial on how to navigate the interface. And, of course, the TV in the side picture is always outfitted with a Kinect. Only soccer moms, grandmas, and five-year-olds would need to learn how to navigate the already-simplistic Dashboard.

I think I will be skipping this one.