Universal Mine Quest: The Dwarf Dungeon Crawler Game (by Tapps Tecnologia da Informacao)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 21, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

Mine Quest: Crash the Boss RPG

Tapps Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
    Explore mines and craft epic items through a land of fantasy in Mine Quest! ** SBGames 2014: "Best Mobile Game" + "Best…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Explore mines and craft epic items through a land of fantasy in Mine Quest! ** SBGames 2014: "Best Mobile Game" + "Best Game Design" + "Best Technology" ** Orli, a dwarf miner, and Lumi, his companion fairy, suddenly find that every other dwarf went missing and now need to embark on an epic quest and travel across the dwarven world to unveil this mysterious disappearance. Are you ready to dig into this adventure? Explore the underground of five ancient continents looking for artifacts that will help Orli discover new clues about the fate of the dwarves. While at it, mine blocks to collect resources and find blueprints to help you craft legendary weapons, armor and equipment. Underground monsters won't make it easy for Orli though, so be ready to face dreadful enemies in your way! "Mine Quest has an incredible and addictive gameplay for all ages." "With an amazing quest, this game will keep you entertained for hours. A true dwarven quest!" "Crafting items has never been so fun!" HIGHLIGHTS • Blades, axes, pickaxes and armor, all that a brave mining dwarf needs • Mine different ores and gems and forge them into new equipment • Fight different monsters and enemies • Find long lost dwarven treasures and rare artifacts • Bombs to blow stuff up • Extremely addictive and easy to pick-up gameplay Are you ready to solve this mystery and discover what happened to the dwarf civilization? Download Mine Quest now and be part of this fantastic adventure! Disclaimer: While this App is completely free to play, some additional content can be purchased for real money in-game. If you do not want to use this feature, please turn off in-app purchases in your device's settings. Like our page on Facebook and be the first to know about our upcoming games and updates! http://fb.com/tappshq
    Information
    Seller:Tapps Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
    Genre:Adventure, Strategy
    Release:Jun 22, 2014
    Updated:Mar 06, 2024
    Version:1.2.44
    Size:98.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I get a good feeling from this for a bunch of reasons, but then I'm the kind of weirdo who enjoys mining in minecraft and collecting the stuff I find

I hope the energy system has a decent recharge rate. I'm not out of the early game yet, so energy is still abundant.

Most free games get deleted very quickly. This one hasn't, yet. I look forward to exploring it a bit more of the next few days

3. felipewatanabe

May 30, 2014
    Marketing at Tapps Games
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Hey there! I'm the developer of Mine Quest. Was just about to post about it here, but you guys were faster!

Well, I hope you all enjoy it. We had fun developing Mine Quest here, looking forward to hear any comments, questions and feedback from you.

Mine Quest: Crash the Boss RPG

Tapps Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
    Explore mines and craft epic items through a land of fantasy in Mine Quest! ** SBGames 2014: "Best Mobile Game" + "Best…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Explore mines and craft epic items through a land of fantasy in Mine Quest! ** SBGames 2014: "Best Mobile Game" + "Best Game Design" + "Best Technology" ** Orli, a dwarf miner, and Lumi, his companion fairy, suddenly find that every other dwarf went missing and now need to embark on an epic quest and travel across the dwarven world to unveil this mysterious disappearance. Are you ready to dig into this adventure? Explore the underground of five ancient continents looking for artifacts that will help Orli discover new clues about the fate of the dwarves. While at it, mine blocks to collect resources and find blueprints to help you craft legendary weapons, armor and equipment. Underground monsters won't make it easy for Orli though, so be ready to face dreadful enemies in your way! "Mine Quest has an incredible and addictive gameplay for all ages." "With an amazing quest, this game will keep you entertained for hours. A true dwarven quest!" "Crafting items has never been so fun!" HIGHLIGHTS • Blades, axes, pickaxes and armor, all that a brave mining dwarf needs • Mine different ores and gems and forge them into new equipment • Fight different monsters and enemies • Find long lost dwarven treasures and rare artifacts • Bombs to blow stuff up • Extremely addictive and easy to pick-up gameplay Are you ready to solve this mystery and discover what happened to the dwarf civilization? Download Mine Quest now and be part of this fantastic adventure! Disclaimer: While this App is completely free to play, some additional content can be purchased for real money in-game. If you do not want to use this feature, please turn off in-app purchases in your device's settings. Like our page on Facebook and be the first to know about our upcoming games and updates! http://fb.com/tappshq
    Information
    Seller:Tapps Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
    Genre:Adventure, Strategy
    Release:Jun 22, 2014
    Updated:Mar 06, 2024
    Version:1.2.44
    Size:98.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    At first glance I was interested in this but then I saw it was free :(

5. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    This is ridiculously fun. The story actually has quite a bit of depth. You travel around your island trying to uncover mines. You need to clear all the mines and collect the blueprint for a more powerful balloon to get to the next island. It seems like there's at least 10 hours of content from initial impressions.

The F2P elements are very mild. I played at least 40 minutes before I hit a timer. At that point you'll what to take a break anyways. The better you get and the more you level up, the longer you'll be able to play without hitting a wall. Ads are almost none existent for me and can be removed for 0.99$. There's two currencies but both can be obtained in game.

This game has crafting, exploring and fighting elements and is definitely worth checking out for anyone who's into that. I really hope people don't miss out on this just because it's free. :)

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Pretty decent. Played it for around one hour and so far the Game doesn`t yet bored me to death.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Isn't this Dwarven Den?

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Its sure a clone albeit perhaps a better one. Variety is the spice of life!

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't list the prices of IAP's. You've got to go throughout the process of purchasing to see the price??

Can the dev please fix this up as I don't mind buying as long as I can see and compare prices. All the prices are hidden here.

Dev please fix this. So far ok but more play will tell if there are paywalls and how bad they are. But good game so far.

10. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Congratulations on your game launch. Welcome.

I like it except for one thing. The prices of IAP are hidden. I want to see the prices and compare them. I don't want to have to half purchase every size of diamonds to find the prices.

11. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm glad this game didn't sink into obscurity.

I'm onto the third continent now and I'm still enjoying myself. It's a lightweight, tap tap tap type game, with that little dopamine kick when you find gold, mithril, or ..... Dwarfium?

I spent my starting diamonds increasing my energy recharge speed and I'm often fully charged by the time I get to play again. While the energy limits the length of a single session I feel the amount of energy is very well balanced to provide me just enough entertainment without it getting boring.

I had major issues with health early on, I would often revive just to get 10 health back to beat an enemy. Not the end of the world as the revive timer was quite short. The health issue has got a lot better now I have some armour.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Neat little tapper. Standard freemium fare, play in short sessions or feed the meter.

Love the concept, but keep wondering, how do these monsters survive if their buried like that, no wonder their pissed.

13. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I'm about halfway through the second continent and I'm glad to see there's new monsters. Also, fighting has become a little less brainless since I found certain weapons have special powers against certain enemies. Upgrading the energy respawn speed really helps also. I'm definitely saving all my diamonds for that.

Yeah, I definitely wanna throw some money the devs way but it makes it difficult figuring the best valued pack when you have to manually click through each one.

Another small annoyance is I find the screen sometimes suddenly snaps to another area when in a cave. I don't know if it's because I'm tapping near the edge or something?

14. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I have been playing this game a lot. It seems simple at first but definitely has more depth than at first glance. Def worth picking up and playing. I hope it gains more awareness and more people give it a shot. It's very clever. Fun game.

15. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I say line takes the "worst best comment" of the week award...... Skips it cause its free.....

16. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    :) Yup. The game is quite fun to play. Burn your energy, have a bit of fun, set it down and come back when you are charged up. I think I will buy some diamonds to support the dev and reduce the recharge time.

17. B-Rabbit

B-Rabbit Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Is that really your criteria for an automatic skip? Plenty of paid games I've taken a chance on sucked. :p

18. felipewatanabe

May 30, 2014
    Marketing at Tapps Games
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Hey, everyone! Glad to come back here and see that most of you are really enjoying Mine Quest. I see some of you are very far ahead!

Our game designers are also watching this thread and I'm sure they'll take your suggestions into consideration, specially about the missing IAP prices.

@worldcitizen1919: it was a surprise for us when we first saw Dwarven Den's gameplay trailer, we were actually already finishing the development of Mine Quest -- which is itself a sequel from an older game we publish in last August, called Dino Quest. :eek:

19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Just made it to the 2nd continent. Still having fun. I do run out of taps pretty quickly though so I have to wait for a bit longer than I'd like but I am looking to upgrade my timer with my diamonds. Buy some diamonds. Support the devs.

For those of you that want to know the IAP prices,
    here they are (US$):

10 Diamonds - $1.99 ($0.20/diamond)
    25 Diamonds - $3.99 ($0.16/diamond)
    50 Diamonds - $6.99 ($0.14/diamond)
    120 Diamonds - $14.99 ($0.12/diamond)
    200 Energy - $1.99
    Ad Removal - $0.99

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I would love it if you could add Game Center connectivity. Maybe leaderboards and achievements? Really like the game a lot!