Zombie Nuke - a fast paced, addictive, ragdoll physics based platform shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cheaslum, May 3, 2012.

1. cheaslum

cheaslum Member

May 1, 2012
    #1 cheaslum, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Zombie Nuke is a fast paced, addictive, ragdoll physics based platform shooter. This is our first venture and we are really excited about Zombie Nuke.

Zombie Nuke Releasing May 10, 2012, on iOS [iPhone/iPad]

Game Overview:
    A secret nuclear experiment turned bizarre, converting humans into blasting Zombies. The undead are on a rampage demolishing everything in their way. Are you ready for the thrilling battle in an action packed arcade style shooter game?

Zombie Nuke Promo Video:

Zombie Nuke Gameplay Screenshots:
    Che in Action
    [​IMG]

Alina in Action
    [​IMG]

Game Features:
    1. Advanced ragdoll physics produce hilarious and mind-boggling Zombie deaths.
    2. Four different Zombie infested areas.
    3. 32 levels of thrilling and challenging survival game.
    4. Tons of weapons to unlock.
    5. Pulsating music and amazing sound effects.
    6. Three different avatars with their own skills, to aid players in their fight.
    7. Crisp graphics - support the new iPad retina display.
    8. Game Center integration.

If Zombie Nuke interests you, drop in a word.
    Your feedback is very important to us.

For more updates visit
    http://www.cheaslum.com/

2. Stefan

Stefan New Member

May 2, 2012
    Has this been released to the app store?

3. cheaslum

cheaslum Member

May 1, 2012
    Zombie Nuke is releasing on May 10, 2012.

4. amaya0590

amaya0590 Member

May 5, 2012
    Game play looks quite cool! and i love the graphics, it seems to be best zombie game so far in the app store

5. DarkRedNinja

DarkRedNinja Member

Mar 23, 2011
    The level looks like something out of the original Mario Bros.

6. amaya0590

amaya0590 Member

May 5, 2012
    Zombie deaths are hilarious :p . Its fun to watch them die :cool:

7. amaya0590

amaya0590 Member

May 5, 2012
    Like the animation the video too . Really like when zombies are on fire .

8. cheaslum

cheaslum Member

May 1, 2012
    #8 cheaslum, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    Game mechanics and level design of Zombie Nuke are unique and addictive. It will be hard to find any similarities.

Mario Bros. games are iconic games. Every one of us have enjoyed and loved playing these games. They might have inspired our work a bit though unconsciously.

9. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    LOL too much spam ,anyway looks like a SCB clone.

10. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #10 lord-sam, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    After playing this game, I see great potential, but too many flaws at the moment for it to be enjoyable.

A few pointers:

1) you can't jump, then press a direction button to jump diagonally. It only works if you run in a direction, and then jump.
    2) it is not obvious how you unlock the next level. It should say for example 'kill 15 zombies'.
    3) you die way too easily for it to be fun. You literally touch them once and die. I'd expect at least two hits. Perhaps get rid of the 'three lives' system and replace with 3 hits instead.
    4) there doesn't seem to be a difference between levels.
    5) there's no (obvious) pause button.
    6) I respawned after death, just as a zombie walked past me, so I died without even having a chance to run or shoot!

If you sor these out, and perhaps make the controls smaller and more transparent and I could see this working out well.

11. Negibozu

Negibozu Member

May 8, 2012
    I got this game as well today, and didn't really run into as many issues.
    1) With actual physics, you can't magically gain inertia in a direction, so it makes good sense that you can't jump and then move. However, it does make it significantly more difficult. Once you get used to it, it'll stop killing you, it just takes practice.
    2) You unlock the next level by clearing the one you're on. There's no kill requirement, just the requirement that you survive the time limit.
    3) You get 3+ lives for each level, which doesn't seem like much until you get used to the physics. Keep trying and it won't be so difficult.
    4) Total agreement here. The levels seem very similar, as the only difference seems to be an increased number of zombies on the screen. It does scale the difficulty up fairly well, though. Each level (other than the difference between 1-3) gets progressively more difficult. Your weapons definitely have to change throughout the levels to get high scores as some have those large (combo breaking :mad:) zombies which are quite difficult to kill while others just have a lot of the smaller zombies.
    5) Touch the timer. Took me a bit to figure that one out as well.
    6) You get a good few seconds of invincibility as well as all of your ammo back. You can move during that respawn period, so just make sure you get in a good position before your invincibility wears off.

Took a couple hours to get to the final area, but all I've really been concerned with is beating my highest chain of 108x. Haven't been able to get close to that since I broke 100x, but the points you get per kill start getting crazy.