Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (January 9)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Jan 10, 2014.

?

What was your favorite release the week of January 9?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2014.
  1. Castle Doombad

52.8%
  2. Battle Supremacy

8.3%
  3. Archangel

2.8%
  4. Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

11.1%
  5. Spin Safari

2.8%
  6. Joe Danger Infinity

5.6%
  7. Rail Racing

2.8%
  8. Chrome Wolf

2.8%
  9. Line Knight Fortix

2.8%
  10. Lost Toys

8.3%
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #41 TheFrost, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Castle Doombad.

Long missing are the days of PvZ (the first one, dont even mention the "sequel"...) where IAP, double currency or heavy grinding didnt even exist. In Castle Doombad I had to re-re-replay the entire first and second world (some stages even more) (you get less money each time you replay a level and that doesn't help) to buy some upgrades, but I haven't even upgraded everything yet and there are still things to buy. Grinding by replaying and replaying levels (or IAP) to get crowns removed some stars from my rating (of my idea of fun is) but some endless action (one game where I lasted 8 nights), and the fact that the game is well done and joyful to play helped it get my vote.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #42 syntheticvoid, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    You don't get less money each time you replay a level ( I've replayed 1-12, 1-13 and 2-12, 2-13 over and over, always getting the same amount of coins after I completed them)

You get half the money if you loose the princess (don't get a crown)

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I have to correct that also, I was under the wrong impression. You get more coins the further you get into the world (that is what happens when I replayed the first levels of each world instead of playing the world from beginning to end), so in the first levels you get 100 and on the last one 1000. Good. Almost finished all levels with all crowns, 2 levels left, review following soon (hint: its gets a big score).