An Unreal Engine game by Gameloft coming in Q1 2012!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LOLavi, Jan 17, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Pocketgamer article: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Gameloft+news/news.asp?c=36981

Good news guys, eh? And if it's Unreal, I doubt(or at least hope) it will be a freemium game! No more info yet as it's under embargo, but I still can't wait :D

2. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    £5 says it's freemium.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I'd say NOVA 3. I wouldn't bet on it beign freemium though, at least i hope it won't be.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would take that bet, if it weren't for the whole I-don't-know-you-from-a-hole-in-the-wall thing.

5. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Need to up vote this. Forgots he's not on Reddit.

6. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    wait wait wait. What was their first unReal game?

The article quote says that Gameloft Licensed 4 Unreal Games. This is the first one I've heard of thats coming out. Meaning they will have 3 more to make. But the article states 2...

7. killercow

One was canceled (March of heroes)

8. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I'd kill them if it is!:mad:

(not really ofcouse, highly metaphorical ofcouse):)

One should think they'd learned that lessen with the last three games (urban crime, six-guns and dungeon hunter 3) flopping completely and all three being freemiums, people just don't want freemiums! That's it! And I for one can understand that, I was SOOOO disappointed with dungeon hunter 3 and six-guns I had really looked forward to them, especially dungeon hunter 3 witch they completely ruined! Shame on you gameloft for making such cra*!!!!

Disclaimer: these are my own opinions explicitly!

9. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I wouldn't be so sure. They've taken some of their better series and turned them into freemium games. Look at Dungeon Hunter 3 and Urban Crime (which is obviously in the same vein as Gangstar).

At this point I would be shocked if Gameloft put out an actual game and not a freemium one, but I suppopose I'll hope for the best.

10. killercow

Yeah i know, it's mostly wishful thinking on my part, but I just hope they realize the mistake they're making by going only freemium...

11. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'm confused as to why they would waste this license on a Freemium game and also confused as to why Gameloft would make another Premium game. There's no doubt that they could, but I'm just not sure why they would.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    1) We don't know whether this is freemium or not
    2) Their premium games made money last year

13. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    someone here really love Gameloft coz he deleting other opinions...thats very sad:(

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm deleting pointless, off topic comments that add nothing to the discussion. Want to hate on Gameloft? Come up with something new that relates to this particular Unreal Engine game.

15. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Looking forward to this. Hoping for a 9mm sequel this year as well, hopefully based on unreal engine

16. rikucrafterimdeity

rikucrafterimdeity New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yay, I can't wait!

Imagine - a Final Fantasy or Uncharted clone in Unreal...

[Drools]

I don't mind if its freemium or not, just not with the terrible freemium of Urban Crime... [shivers]

17. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    im guessing its nova 3, they did say in a youtube comment that they were developing nova 3, and then they quickly deleted the comment.

and i wouldnt be surprised if its freemium
    heres a cool pic i found
    [​IMG]

18. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Delete his comment, delete his comment!!!

I am actually quite excited for this. But the chance of it being fermium has me at a standstill. Gameloft has lost loads of respect from me with this new line of "Plus" games they're releasing.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That's all well and good. A quick look at the top grossing games for the years shows that Gameloft has made far more money with paid apps than they have with freemium.

The range of offerings in the App Store is so diverse that most of those "summary" statistics are pretty much useless. Except, I guess, to marketing consultants trying to swindle their clients.

20. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    For once, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Does this imply that 75% of the top grossing apps are simply swindling everyone who pays for them? Seems GL is trying to get a piece of that pie. Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't play it.