Universal Dead Effect (by Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Could you make the character more flexible, as the hands are pretty much stuck to the screen while the character glides actors the screen with no signs of movement.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Could you make the characters more flexible, as they glide across the screen with no signs of movement, not to mention the hands are stuck to the screen.

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Anyone tried it with a (MFI) controller?Opinions?

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I've play with The MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I,The standard,not The micro,it good with controller,i've my character fully upgrade,so,it can move more fast,but it's seem to fast for what i can remember,so,i lowered The sensitivity..and Now it's fine..

5. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yep,i tried it myself now.Lowered the sensitivity right from the beginning.Was wondering first why i didn't seem to hit anything with the standard AR before i realised all the possible upgrades (on accuracy for example) and that it's better to aim (via sholder button) and headshot the zombies (well,shouldn't surprise me at the end ).

6. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    #646 BadFly_Interactive, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Greetings

We're reporting back after a very long time to wish you all a happy Christmas and an awesome year 2015, full of great games.

[​IMG]

We'd also like to let you know about a few new things that have happened recently. The first of these is that we're no longer inDev Brain. We've managed to find an investor and together we've established a new company, BadFly Interactive. We're now working on Dead Effect 2, which will be free-to-play and developed primarily for iOS and Android devices. We're expecting it to be finished around the half of 2015. Here's one of the songs from DE2 for you to enjoy and a few pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfiFOxc57v8

The second thing we wanted to share with you is that we've published the full version of DE1 for the PC/MAC on Steam and it's now discounted by 40%.
    You can find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286040/
    You can also try your luck in the currently ongoing giveaways that may get you a free Steam Key.
    You can follow these links to try: http://www.grabthegames.com/dead-effect-giveaway.html , http://www.steamcontests.com/devtest-dead-effect-100-keys/

We'll be gradually releasing more info about DE2 here in this thread and trying to revive it a little bit.

All the best from
    BadFly Dev Team

PS: Sorry for these urls, somehow it's not working properly or we just got forgotten how to set it right. Anybody here knows, how to do it?

7. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Good Guys,Happy Holiday BadFly Team,we're here,excited about Dead Effect 2..

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Good luck in the new team's projects!

I really enjoyed Dead Effect, and it's one of my favorite FPS on iOS.

Keeping an open mind on the freemium model in DE2, since the IAP balance in DE1 was pretty fantastic, as it was hugely based on its premium model. Looking forward to the sequel!

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome news! Glad to hear things have worked out for you guys!

Looking forward to everything you guys have in store for us ;)

10. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Have to say that i found it to repetitive and already deleted it again.Nothing to complain for free though.F2P mechanics are ok.

11. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Good, keep me posted

12. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    We're back with another round of Weapon Contest!

Hey everyone, how's it going? I hope you are all well rested after the holidays and full of energy for 2015!

The work on DE2 is in full swing, but before we start releasing updates and previews, we've got another round of Weapon Contest for you. The last round was quite a hit, so we're hoping for a large turnout this time as well :)

OK, here are the basics:

WEAPON CONTEST #2

As you all know, the work on Dead Effect 2 is in full swing. There’s still a lot to do and so we’ve decided to give you a little something to do during the wait.

After the success of our first weapon contest, which gave us the amazing Emre Plasm FX5 (ready to appear in DE2), we thought that it would be a good idea to try it again. We know that many of you have joined our community after the first contest had already ended and so you were unable to participate. For all of you we’re offering another chance to DESIGN YOUR OWN WEAPON and have it featured in Dead Effect 2!

Would you like to make up a gun inspired by the real world? Or would you rather make up an entirely new futuristic concept? We offer you complete creative freedom!

Here’s what you need to do:

> Draw a picture of your desired weapon.

Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be a masterpiece. We won’t judge the quality of your drawing, we’ll judge your overall idea.
    However, there are certain things that your submission must have. They will make it easier for us to understand your concept clearly.
    Your submission will be rejected if it’s of very low quality (too pixelated, blurry or otherwise hard to see and understand).

Your submission MUST include:
    - a picture of the weapon from the side (several angles are welcome, as they’ll help us imagine it better)
    - a short description of its use (is it melee or ranged, what kind of ammo does it use, does it have any special features?)
    - a name for your weapon (please try to make your weapon’s name consistent with DE, we reserve the right to change the name if we find it unsuitable)

> Send your submission to [email protected] and include WEAPON CONTEST in the subject of your email. Please include a name or nickname we can address you by and leave us an e-mail where we can contact you.

You can send your submission until the end of February 2015, so you have plenty of time to think about your idea.

Once enough time has passed, we will pick all designs that can be put into DE2. The community will then vote on which one they like best. The winning design will then be transformed into a weapon which will appear in DE2 next to the Emre Plasm FX5!

Best of luck to everyone who decides to participate. We’re looking forward to seeing your submissions!

[​IMG]

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Pretty excited for the sequel. DE's still one of my favorite FPS titles on iOS. Cheers!

14. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    I'm on the level where you chase down the mad scientist, and this elevator that he escaped on remains inactive (red hand symbol). I've searched everywhere in that room (can't go back to previous area, door locked), and didn't find anything to activate the elevator. Bug??

15. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Dead Effect in "FPS Bulletproof" bundle on Bundle Stars!

Hi there, zombie fighters! "Dead Effect" was featured in the Bundle Stars "FPS Bulletproof" bundle. Head over to Bundle Stars to get your fair share of zombie ass-kicking! http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-bulletproof/

[​IMG]

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Recently got an MFi controller (Madcatz Micro) and this is one of my most played games recently.

Disappointed about the ads, but at least the game's balance is still pretty premium which is the biggest reason why i still love Dead Effect even after the freemium switch.

Question... Does buying any IAP remove the ads?

17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I agree,along with BIOSHOCK,ODDWORLD,SHADOWGUN,it's One of The most enjoy on a MAD CATZ Controller..
    Ads? Nope,if You buy IAP doesn't remove The Ads..

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is it possible to add full MFi controller support? Really love the game with the Madcatz Micro, but it's pretty annoying having to tap the screen when navigating through menus.

I hope this gets updated for that at least. Thanks!

19. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    #659 BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015