N.Y.Zombies 2 | Story, strategy, action, RPG elements, co-op and more

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This game is gonna be sick.

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#22 Foursaken_Media, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

We'd like to send along some art every once in a while as we go through the dev process ;) This first screen is one of the revamped enemies in NYZ 2... do you remember which one?

Anyway, with NYZ 2, we're shooting to really make this game brutal and serious... there's been a big trend towards "cutesy" stuff (not that that is BAD by any means), but this game will be more about immersion, atmosphere, story, and a sense of dread. We'll be trying to take everything that made the 1st one good, and expand on it! The sequel will also still focus on hordes of zombies... even with better graphics we still are going to be shooting for MASSIVE battles :)

@ninjackid -- this game will not be compatible with older devices :( With normal maps, higher poly counts, and other advanced effects, they just wouldn't be able to cut it...

3. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    THANKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU! This is exactly the type of game the app store needs. Just a suggestion but with the type of game your shooting for you really should try and implement some kind of huge boss battles and def keep a brutal difficulty level for us hardcore gamers. Those would be my two wishes. Lol. Anyway thanks for the updates guys. You always keep the community posted on ur games

4. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    And that's the fat guy from NYZ with the stop sign. At least I think:confused:

5. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    This seems as close to Left 4 Dead as we'll see on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Holy s***.

Excuse my French, but this sounds freakin' AMAZING!!!!!

And I totally understand about not being able to support older devices... Hopefully by the time this is released I'll have a new iPod. :)

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This just continues to look better by the update, and I was already excited. :)

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks guys :) Looking forward to giving some more screens and game-play updates in the near future!

We are definitely going to shoot for some huge/awesome bosses ;) And of course, there will be a fair share of regular huge enemies as well... if you've played the 1st NYZ or Bug Heroes, you know we're into having a ton of different enemy types/variety, and using that to build up some deep strategic game-play around.

As far as a "nightmare" difficulty... count that in as well ;) It will likely only be unlocked as a special mode though.

9. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Good blood,gore and weapon effects is all I'm asking for + some weapon variety

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Re: gore, definitely key ;) but we're also trying to keep in believable, so we're not going to have zombies explode into chunks of meat when you kill them with a pistol :p Actually speaking of blood effects, which games do you guys feel have really good gore effects (if any) on iOS?

The weapons that will be in the game will have decidedly different functions and roles, and there will be a lot of variety, but more in a game-play sense... we're not personal fans of having a billion pistols just because :p

11. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
  12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Dead Space. Well, it doesn't have a lot of blood effects, but the way the gore feature works is really great. You can cut one necromorph's arm, both arms, the legs or even the head, and the enemy will act differently.

13. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    will it support 3gs ??

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

As of right now, yes, we'll be supporting everything except really old devices, i.e iphone 1g, 3g, ipod touch 1g and 2g.

15. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    This game is gonna be epic.

16. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    This is excellent news. NYZ is my favourite zombie game on iOS; I love the story and atmosphere and I am actually playing it (again!) right now as I can't seem to get enough. Yes, it looks a bit dated now and the graphics are not the best, but it plays so well and is so addictive. I cannot wait for NYZ2 and will be following this thread with interest.

17. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Best gore is NYZ, as a gameplay mechanic it was really good, of a zombie was behind a car you could shoot off its head but have to wait for it to come around to kill it finally, I love the realistic stagger and knockdown features in the first one :) can't wait!

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hehe, you can be honest... graphics now are well... crap :p But in all fairness it was released right when the 3GS was the brand new hottness, so we really had to build it for the iPhone 3G... not a lot of power there :p With N.Y.Zombies 2 we'll definitely be investing some time in the tech, to really help elevate the atmosphere and ambiance!

Can't promise anything yet, but we are looking to include blowing off heads, individual arms, and legs, complete with behavioral affects (crawling with legs blown off)! We'll of course still have knock-back and push-back based on weapon role... that was one of the key elements in NYZ 1 strategy ;)

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The original WaW zombies was good, but over the top in terms of splatter. Dead space blood looks fake,lol, but I like the mechanic of blowing limbs off. Any plans for rag doll/real physics for higher end devices?

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This would be doggone awesome!!!