True Skate [Universal] by True Axis

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by luketrueaxis, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donperson

donperson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Norway
    I did a bit of skating back in the early 90's without much success. I'm a big fan of "Skate" and "Tony Hawk" series and have been wishing for a proper skating game on iOS.

Judging by the screenshots, this game looks really promising. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

2. mynameisjesse

mynameisjesse Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
  3. sizle95

sizle95 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    this game will be sick!
    cant wait!
    already an insta-buy!

4. sizle95

Mar 30, 2011
  5. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Should definitely be this year some time. Hopefully earlier rather then later but am trying to decide weather to focus more on True Skate, or JCS2.

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I would suggest JCS2. I assume that more people are excited for JCS2 than True Skate, even though they both look amazing.

7. sizle95

Mar 30, 2011
    i would recoment focusing on True Skate! That game looks TOTALY EPIC!!!
    i cant wait for the release!

8. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I agree. Releasing JCS2 first will probably bring a better fan base, giving you more sales for True Skate. Not to mention that JCS2 is probably the most anticipated release of this year for me.

9. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Releasing JCS2 first would be a much better choice in my opinion. Not only is it one of the most anticipated games of this year, but its already been 2 years since JCS. Give some time for the hype on True Skate to build up before focusing on it.

10. sizle95

Mar 30, 2011
    i agree with you

11. Trusan

Trusan New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    First Try Fridays is my favourite skateboarding game on ios, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.
    It's a skate sim with similar flick controls to Touchgrind, but with a tilted camera angle so you can see where you're going, and flick to push which feels far far better.
    Check it out if you're looking forward to True Skate.

I loved EA's Skate on xbox but the ios version was pretty poor, mainly due to its awkward control system.
    Touchgrind's physics board is a joy to flip, though there isn't much of a game behind it.
    I hope True Skate will be more of a sim than arcadey, though I'll most likely buy it however it turns out!

12. spy

spy Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm wondering how this game is coming along.

First Try Firdays has some good looking screenshots, but the high price tag of 6€ are preventing me from trying it out.

13. Jontunn

Jontunn Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Game Designer
    Eugene, OR
    The screenshots for this look awesome. Very excited to see a gameplay video eventually.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's been coming a long slowly because we have been focusing on JCS2 mostly. However, I am seriously considering prioritizing True Skate instead to try and get that out quickly. JCS2 has a lot of new stuff and is becoming quite complicated. True Skate will be quite simple on first release.

15. Angus1994

Angus1994 Member

May 23, 2011
    Nice to read news for this game, I'm really excited about True Skate!!! The graphics looks very good and there's not a lot of good skateboard game on IOS :)
    Will you publish more infos & photos soon? Thanks

16. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    Yay!!! Can't wait for this. I had a lot of fun with touchgrind, but the camera kind of ruined a decent skate experience for me... Like i said before, can't wait :)

17. sizle95

Mar 30, 2011

you should definitely release True Skate first!! also if it is possible could you upload a video of some gameplay?? i would appreciate it, and i think some others would too;)

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I will release a video when I am a bit more sure about when the release will be.

I did just go out and buy my self a skateboard recently for some extra R&D;) I also got out my old aggressive inline skates and hit the vert ramp a few times. I'm getting a bit too old for that, but I was surprised I managed to land a couple flips and pull some air, and do some shin grinds. I think I might try to avoid the shin grinds next time though;) I don't recommend them to anybody.

I'm not so good on the skateboard though. I used to be able to do a kick flip, but it doesn't seem to work with my new skateboard.

19. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've been doing some logo concept work. Here is one attached. There are more on the True Axis facebook page too.

Attached Files:

20. spy

spy Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Nice, I'm not sure about the green color, I would prefer orange/red/yellow, being a little warmer. Fitting to the artwork in the first post. But I don't know what to think of the True Skate written out again above the graffiti.