Great Reviews, Bad Sales

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Hobbsicle, Sep 29, 2012.

1. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    This probably has little impact... depending on the traffic your site gets but...I went onto your site and played the web version. I don't know how close it is to the iOS version - but I wouldn't buy the iOS version after playing it.

The rolling animation doesn't always move in the right direction, the guy rolls off the screen (instead of falling), no sound effects or music, no way to reset after dieing...

If your iOS version is any better than this web version - I'd quickly replace the web version with a video of the gameplay.

2. Hobbsicle

Hobbsicle Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yes...much better...I forgot about that. I was planning to use it as a contest, but later realized that I didn't want people to think that it was the same experience as the mobile version. It in fact was something that I just whipped up in a morning using a few of the same visual assets.

I intended to take it down, but forgot. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get rid of it.

3. Hobbsicle

Hobbsicle Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I contacted a number of review sites initially. We got one review from iFanzine, but nothing else. I was thinking about waiting until our first major update, which will more than double the number of levels, and add a new environment, then trying the reviewers again.

But that leads me to another question: will reviewers even bother with a game that's been out a little while, or is there some kind of window that closes after a few weeks?

4. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Your game look awesome.Send emails with full details include promo code to reviews sites.
    If you have chance will see review on TouchArcade .

5. seahorsevn

seahorsevn Active Member

Thanks pat3ck, your link is very useful for some guys like me.